PG Music Home
Posted By: jt3 I want to record on one track in biab - 12/27/15 01:24 AM
Hey everyone my wish is the be able to record parts directly into biab. some songs a twin part would be really nice. I know been told to use real band but I pefer biab

John
You can record your audio in Band in a Box onto the audio channel. You can source your recording with a USB mic or through a audio interface.

You can also add layers (overdub) to the audio track. When you select the audio record button, a window opens and to overdub select the overdub underlying audio button.
Posted By: jt3 Re: I want to record on one track in biab - 12/29/15 03:22 AM
thanks I will try that
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
You can also add layers (overdub) to the audio track. When you select the audio record button, a window opens and to overdub select the overdub underlying audio button.

A further note. You can use the overdub feature multiple times. Therefore, you can add new instruments or do multiple harmonies if you wish just by continuing to record overdubs. The overdubs are merged rather than mixed so the quality is rather dubious.

However, if you are that ambitious with your productions, you will be better served to do those type things in RealBand. It will be easier and the results will be of a much higher quality.
John, as this is the Wishlist forum, it's not platform specific. The one audio track in BIAB mentioned above is a feature of the Windows version only. I'm pretty sure that's still the case; Mac version users have Garageband.

Even so, if you are using the Windows version and you sometimes want that second audio track like you said, RealBand is the way to go. Alternatively, Drag 'n Drop your BIAB song into another DAW and add the audio tracks there.
Correction: the 2015 version of BIAB for Mac can record one audio track. See this video for details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHrgavOG2Fk&feature=share
© PG Music Forums