PG Music Home
For making Jazz User Tracks, BIAB developers, please create a far more complex set of jazz chord training templates, as is done for Pop User Styles. I fell in love with BIAB because it had such a strong emphasis on jazz, salsa, blues, etc. However, making a user track is meaningless, unless the training template contains the many variations that you'd find in, e.g. the Jazz Real Books. Without a 9th, maj9th, flatted 9th, 6/9, dim, half dim, etc, one can't really create a useful jazz user track.

Since there's already an excellent video on making your own user tracks, a user gets a sudden disappointment when trying actually
USE a their newly created User Track(s). Since it makes sense to have this done in the same way the Pop User Track Templates were done, please DO get to this (I invested the $1k, & have kept it up to date each year). It would make NO sense for each user to create their own TEMPLATE files, since each person who wants to use this feature for Jazz will re-invent the wheel!

The quality of BIAB with User Tracks is now rather impressive; please keep it moving to a better & better product by really enabling Jazz User Track Development!
+1

MarkAlan, this is the first thing I requested when I saw the new User Style capability. It was clear more chord types needed to be supported for jazz.

Could you put your post in the Wishlist? The developers are much more likely to see it there.
Posted By: Pipeline Jazz UserTrack Templates Download Here. - 10/03/17 06:36 PM
Quote:
unless the "training" template contains the many variations that you'd find in, e.g. the Jazz Real Books. Without a 9th, maj9th, flatted 9th, etc, one can't really create a useful jazz user track.

This IS a User area where Users create and share.
If you are a Jazz guy then it's not rocket science, all you jazz guys should be able to input on this,
I could make some up but I'm no guitar George when it comes to jazz chords, but I would think it's just a matter of putting the progression you need using all the chords you need in the usertrack, then create it in a lot of different keys, like the 12 key realtracks.
Biab will choose the different sections/chords of the usertracks, if the usertrack has so many bars of the same progression, it will copy and paste that section else it will create it up from a chord here and a chord there and piece them together to create the instrument track for your song the same way realtracks work.

The more you put into a usertrack the more you will get out of it, so add lots of different endings as well, don't limit yourself you have 255 bars per track limit.

List of chords recognized by Band-in-a-Box®, RealBand, and PowerTracks
Posted By: lambada Re: Jazz UserTrack Templates Download Here. - 10/08/17 01:33 AM
Thanks Pipeline. Useful info.
© PG Music Forums