PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 slide guitar - 03/30/18 02:32 PM
I'd sure appreciate more slide guitar options. I wanted to create a slide guitar solo and had just TWO options.
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: slide guitar - 04/01/18 05:17 AM
Hey Eddie,

I'm all for more options, but just out of curiosity, did you try using either or both of those options and find the results unsatisfactory for any reason?
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: slide guitar - 04/01/18 02:23 PM
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09
I'm all for more options, but just out of curiosity, did you try using either or both of those options and find the results unsatisfactory for any reason?

Yes I tried them. And I can't really say WHAT made them sound less than desirable because of the subjective nature of what is good or bad, but I just didn't like them. Too simple, too bland, etc. Choose your adjective. And I generated 10 different snippets trying to find something I could cobble together into a 16 bar solo and had nothing decent to work with.

I am aware that they can't approach Duane Allman to do samples, but with only 2 options I had to wonder. Between the county and blues guys who use this software, that's a wide market.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: slide guitar - 04/04/18 07:05 PM
Eddie,

I saw a music wanted placement for a slide guitar piece on SongTradr and I just asked myself, what would Duane do?

So I triple stacked a Real Track Drum Track, plugged my tele into a twin, put a glass slide on my finger, turned it up to 10 and just tore it up.

Isn't that what you're doing?

Mine sounded pretty danged good and I don't see nothing wrong with it except it burns your face off. How are you trying to do it?

Duane and me are confused.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: slide guitar - 04/15/18 10:53 PM
Well, David, I tried to play response parts with Real Tracks, but the options were horrible. I am getting to where I can barely play guitar anymore because of arthritis in my left middle and ring fingers so I am relying on tracks more and more. I hate getting old.

I do have to say that back when I played, every lick I knew on slide came from Duane. I often had them Statesboro Blues.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: slide guitar - 04/25/18 09:33 PM

Eddie,

I hear ya man.

Some days I feel like I've been tied to the whipping post.

Just tied to the whipping post.

Good lord, Eddie, it feels like I'm dying.

Hey, could that be a song????
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: slide guitar - 04/25/18 10:01 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Eddie,

I hear ya man.

Some days I feel like I've been tied to the whipping post.

Just tied to the whipping post.

Good lord, Eddie, it feels like I'm dying.

Hey, could that be a song????

It'll never fly.
© PG Music Forums