PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle 1 Minute Contest Entry - 03/31/14 12:27 AM
My first entry for the 1 Minute Contest is available for download from DropBox here as a 13.56 MB zip archived folder.

This is an even feel, 4/4, 80 beats per minute UserTrack that does not follow the pop or jazz 1 minute templates. The recorded chords are: B flat, A7, C7, D minor, F, E7, G7, A minor, C, D7 and G.

This instrument is commonly known as an Autoharp but in years past they were known as ChromAharp and ChordAharp.

I hope you enjoy using this UserTrack.
Posted By: Charlie Gannon Re: 1 Minute Contest Entry - 04/01/14 10:26 PM
Hey Jim,

I put your Autoharp UserTrack over a 100bpm bluegrass song. Download it here:
Autoharp demo

Charlie.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: 1 Minute Contest Entry - 04/02/14 07:08 PM
Charlie,

Thanks but I'm getting a DropBox error message stating "Nothing Here, the file you are looking for has either been deleted or moved".

I hope you the file returns as I'd really like to hear an example of the UserTrack in use.
Posted By: Charlie Gannon Re: 1 Minute Contest Entry - 04/02/14 11:26 PM
Sorry about that Jim,

I edited my previous post, the link is working for me now.

Charlie.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: 1 Minute Contest Entry - 04/03/14 03:10 PM
Charlie,

Thanks for correcting the link. I like your example. It's really nice to hear how you used it.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: 1 Minute Contest Entry - 04/02/16 02:01 PM
Charlie,

I'm still getting 404 Error.

Can you make an mp3 and link me, please?

Don
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: 1 Minute Contest Entry - 04/02/16 03:30 PM
Don,

The link is below

++ Chromaharp (Autoharp) UserTracks ++
Posted By: dga Re: 1 Minute Contest Entry - 04/22/16 04:23 PM
How do you use this UserTrack?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: 1 Minute Contest Entry - 04/22/16 10:34 PM
dga,

As you know RealTracks are audio files developed by PG Music. The audio files are essentially fragments consolidated together into one audio file. BiaB and RB "knows" what each fragment contains so the programs can extract a fragment and use it intelligently in a song.

PG Music introduced UserTracks in 2014. UserTracks expands on the idea of RealTracks. UserTracks are audio tracks and sgu files developed by users. An audio track is recorded. The user then creates a sgu file that provides a bar by bar explanation of what is recorded in the audio file.

The audio track file and sgu file must share the same name. The UserTrack gets it's name from the name of the folder that contains the matched set of files. For example, you can have an audio track called "A.wav" and sgu file called "A.sgu" and place them in a folder called "C" and the UserTrack can be imported into BiaB or RB and will have the name "C". Later on the user might want to add additional audio so they would record audio file "B.wav" and create sgu file "B.sgu" to give a bar by bar description of the new audio. The "B" pair of files can be added to the "C" folder then both "A" and "B" audio are part of the "C" Usertrack.

BiaB and RB will only look for UserTracks inside the UserTrack sub folder. The sub folder must reside inside the bb\rb\RealTracks\UserTracks sub folder.

UserTracks have some limitations. The most well known is 3/4 time doesn't work but there are more. The great news is Dr. Gannon has committed to fixing the limitations.

You can find out more about UserTracks ++ HERE ++

There is a UserTracks forum ++ HERE ++
© PG Music Forums