PG Music Home
Posted By: SUperChickenPlucker Blues Guitarist audio codec - 07/21/08 03:07 AM
Anyone know where I can download the audio coded to play the .wav files for the various songs provided with the software. I want to take them to work so I can work out the rhythm from the notation (1 e & a 2 e & a, etc) during my lunch hour and it would help if I could reference the audio playback from my ipod or from my work computer.
Posted By: Mac Re: Blues Guitarist audio codec - 07/21/08 06:43 PM
Why not just play back the files from the program while recording them in another program, such as PT or Audacity (free) using the "What U Hear" or "Stereo Mix" or "Direct Monitoring" (depends on brand and model) of your soundcard?

Then, you could simply save the recording as an mp3 file from there, all ready for playback on any device that can play mp3 files.

--Mac
Posted By: SUperChickenPlucker Re: Blues Guitarist audio codec - 07/22/08 02:36 AM
Yes, I could do that. However I'm starting with the most efficient solution. I can always line out to a recorder, but I shouldn't have to.
Posted By: Mac Re: Blues Guitarist audio codec - 07/22/08 03:58 PM
Well, you don't have to line out to a recorder, which would make a needless round of D to A and then A to D again. Using the method described above, the whole thing stays in the digital domain.

Not certain, but it may just be that the audio in that program is made proprietary somehow, after all, it is copyrighted material. I do, however, use the method I described to make mp3 copies for my own practicing with lots of other programs and content, works great for such.

--Mac
Posted By: toucher Re: Blues Guitarist audio codec - 08/26/08 06:00 PM
I do a lot of that as well Mac. Works great, no signal degradation, and its quick and easy.

Toucher
Posted By: GuitarSlinger Re: Blues Guitarist audio codec - 08/26/08 11:39 PM
Quote:

Anyone know where I can download the audio coded to play the .wav files for the various songs provided with the software. I want to take them to work so I can work out the rhythm from the notation (1 e & a 2 e & a, etc) during my lunch hour and it would help if I could reference the audio playback from my ipod or from my work computer.

Just get VUPLAYER .

Plays waves and converts to most other formats and is FREE.
© PG Music Forums