PG Music Home
Posted By: anthodupont Sonar 6 and ForteDXi - 01/15/13 04:27 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to do "link" ForteDxi with Sonar 6 (windows 7 64 bit) but I don't see it in Instruments nor Midi output.

What should I do?
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Sonar 6 and ForteDXi - 01/15/13 03:35 PM
Look under:

Tools > Cakewalk plug-in Manager

on the left hand side of window "Plug in categories" pane and select "DirectX Instruments (DXi)" and see
if it shows up in the right hand pane under "Registered Plug-ins"

If not there then may need to reinstall it, and reboot, - Cakewalk gets its information about where a DXi is from the registry

I just verified on a Win 7 64 machine with Sonar Pro 6 (obviously the 32 bit app) as well Sonar X2 Pro, also ONLY the 32 bit version of X2, can see and use it.

It won;t show up as a "MIDI out" or as an "instrument" you need to insert Forte as a Softsynth on a track - for that read the Cakewalk Help about soft synth's'

good luck
Posted By: anthodupont Re: Sonar 6 and ForteDXi - 01/15/13 10:42 PM
Quote:

Look under:

Tools > Cakewalk plug-in Manager

on the left hand side of window "Plug in categories" pane and select "DirectX Instruments (DXi)" and see
if it shows up in the right hand pane under "Registered Plug-ins"

If not there then may need to reinstall it, and reboot, - Cakewalk gets its information about where a DXi is from the registry

I just verified on a Win 7 64 machine with Sonar Pro 6 (obviously the 32 bit app) as well Sonar X2 Pro, also ONLY the 32 bit version of X2, can see and use it.

It won;t show up as a "MIDI out" or as an "instrument" you need to insert Forte as a Softsynth on a track - for that read the Cakewalk Help about soft synth's'

good luck

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. Indeed, I found it under Registered Plug-ins. Though, even after selecting that, I can't hear anything through my Fast Track Pro (M-Audio). My uncle told me he sees it on the 'Midi input / output' prompt at the beginning and in 'Options' (first option in the list, forgot the name) under the Midi OUT list. Currently I only see 'Fast Track Pro Midi OUT' and 'Microsoft Midi Wrapper', but I should see a 3rd one, hopefully ForteDXi. Any idea?
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Sonar 6 and ForteDXi - 01/16/13 02:54 AM
Again read HOW to use a soft synth in the help -"See Tutorial 8--Using Soft Synths "

DXi's/VSTi's will NOT show up as a MIDI output port in the Option > MIDI Devices Window. After you insert a soft synth (via the Insert menu) THEN each track con route data to that Soft Synth in the track I/O select portion of expanded track view (left side under vol bar, balance setting) and when you double click the synth listed in the "O" (midi output) line - it opens the soft synth's "control panel.

The MIDI data goes into the soft synth (like it was a hardware synth module) and SOUND comes out, assuming you correctly inserted a soft synth and routed the MIDI data to THAT soft synth in the track view.

You really need to take this discussion over the Cakewalk forums for more Cakewalk specific help

good luck (out here)
Larry
Posted By: anthodupont Re: Sonar 6 and ForteDXi - 01/22/13 11:22 PM
Quote:

Again read HOW to use a soft synth in the help -"See Tutorial 8--Using Soft Synths "

DXi's/VSTi's will NOT show up as a MIDI output port in the Option > MIDI Devices Window. After you insert a soft synth (via the Insert menu) THEN each track con route data to that Soft Synth in the track I/O select portion of expanded track view (left side under vol bar, balance setting) and when you double click the synth listed in the "O" (midi output) line - it opens the soft synth's "control panel.

The MIDI data goes into the soft synth (like it was a hardware synth module) and SOUND comes out, assuming you correctly inserted a soft synth and routed the MIDI data to THAT soft synth in the track view.

You really need to take this discussion over the Cakewalk forums for more Cakewalk specific help

good luck (out here)
Larry

Hi, thanks, do you perhaps know how to make it "default" so I don't have to change it for all the tracks ?
© PG Music Forums