PG Music Home
Posted By: soolan Slow Down app - 03/21/14 09:19 PM
If I recall a few years ago there used to be a program (from PG) called Slow Down(?) that allowed you to take an audio file and slow the tempo down so you can learn (say) a guitar solo. I'm wondering why it's gone and no replacement.
TIA (thanks in advance).
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Slow Down app - 03/22/14 03:05 AM
I believe it was called Slow Blast. The upgrade was called Slow Gold.

There is another recent thread about this that you may find helpful.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads...true#Post244756
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Slow Down app - 03/22/14 11:57 PM
I've had Transcribe!, by Seventh String, for a few years now. It's pretty good and the price is still $39.00. Later, Ray
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Slow Down app - 03/23/14 04:40 AM
Yes, I've used Transcribe. Good program.
Posted By: Stilako Re: Slow Down app - 01/01/15 05:44 AM
Just got on this system, so am way slow with this info.

If you are still looking for something, search for Roni Music's Amazing Slowdowner. It can be downloaded and used free for trial. It will work with music CD's, WAV files, etc. Used by many fiddlers for learning tunes. Will slow any music, will transpose, will loop. Fairly easy to learn and use. If you like it, you pay about $60, and get a code to unlock for full use.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Slow Down app - 01/01/15 07:12 AM
BIAB 2015 slows down audio incredibly well.
Posted By: DEddy Re: Slow Down app - 01/01/15 12:24 PM
I had Roni Music's Amazing Slowdowner, but Transcribe is so much better and a lot cheaper.
Posted By: BBB Re: Slow Down app - 02/18/15 05:11 AM
Yes There is no doubt Transcribe is the most versatile and by far the best program to transcribe with.......!
Posted By: Svenne Re: Slow Down app - 03/17/15 12:28 PM
If you have an iPad or iphone "audiostretch" is very good. I prefer it over transcribe.
Posted By: Bjorn Beskow Re: Slow Down app - 04/04/15 04:59 AM
I second that. I have tried several slow down tools, and Audiostretch is really good. Simple user interface, and very good audio quality. There is a lite version for free, limited to 75%-125% speed range, which might be enough for many users. I bought the full version, partly since I sometimes need to slow down even further, and partly because I wanted to support the developer of the app since it provides great value.
© PG Music Forums