PG Music Home
Posted By: Paul G. New Permissions for Android Version - 03/29/14 05:48 PM
Can someone explain to me in "detail" why this app needs "New Permissions" to "Read phone state and Identity" and "Manage the accounts list, use the authentication credentials of an account"...?????????

Posted By: lingyai Re: New Permissions for Android Version - 03/30/14 07:29 PM
I got an an Android tablet for Xmas but scarcely use any apps because of the appalling intrusions they demand. (If you want to see something jaw-dropping, look at the list of permissions for the Facebook app)
Posted By: Paul G. Re: New Permissions for Android Version - 04/13/14 11:39 PM
Hello PG? I was really hoping for an answer to this question from the developers.
Posted By: rharv Re: New Permissions for Android Version - 05/03/14 02:31 PM
I don't work for PGMusic, but often these 'Permissions' sound worse than they are.
Android warns about everything, which is good I guess.

My thoughts (guesses on scenarios) off the top of my head;

Read phone state and Identity - The app needs to know if the phone is in a 'sleep' mode, connected to a network, etc. so it can perform correctly.
It also needs to communicate with the BB server application on your machine so using the device ID (Identity) is necessary over the network.

Managing the account list and using authentication - It could be possible that there are more than one available BB server to select from, which would be another 'account'. Also, if the Android has multiple user accounts and the app is installed under a given user account, the app may need to authenticate with the assigned account.
© PG Music Forums