PG Music Home
Posted By: royj Drumkit Plugins - 05/03/09 06:54 AM
I sometimes use other drum kits in place of Realdrums if needed (mainly in Realband and Powertracks). Other drum kits such as Jamstix work well as GM modules (within the limitations of PG Music's VSTi compatibility). A new (?) product by the name of Kitcore 2 has come to my attention - the demo works well, the drums sound good, a large variety of kits seem to be available etc. I have downloaded the demo and it seems to perform well in PG Music products (once again only as a "drum module")

Two quick questions:
1) has anyone been using Kitcore 2 and what results have been achieved?
2) Does anyone have an idea when PG will address the VSTi issues related to limiting functionality of several plugins such as Jamstix, Kitcore, EZ drummer etc?. This has been a topic of discussion on various PG forums for years but never seems to be addressed by PG. This lack of compatibility with these program is possibly forcing PG software users to purchase other sequencer products in order to get the most out of the plugins?
Regards
Roy
Posted By: alogie Re: Drumkit Plugins - 05/07/09 06:24 PM
I did a very quick test of KitCore2 with RealBand. The first time I added the VSTi, RealBand crashed... The second time, it loaded OK and was able to create a midi drum track and have it play KitCore. I was able to switch kits while it was playing, so auditioning kits wasn't a problem. As I said, very quick test. Mixed results.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Drumkit Plugins - 05/14/09 05:55 PM
This is a subject i have broached a few times. If RB had the ability to use these types of plgs i could do just about all my work right there, but since it does not i jump over to Mulittrackstudios and do a lot of DAW work in a program that handles VSTi much better.

Jamstix is one of my go to plugins, and using it as a GM module is like going to the store in a Lear jet. You can not use 905 of it's superior features.
© PG Music Forums