PG Music Home
Posted By: bigalguitarpicker Roland VSC - 06/05/09 09:52 PM
My Grundig mini-disc player is just about clapped out and I'm thinking about using my laptop in future to play backing tracks. I can't find much ( any! ) info on creating playlists from my collection of MIDI files. I suppose if I create a folder and number the files in the order I want them to play, they'll be easily enough imported to VSC. However, I tried to move a file in the VSC playlist that I've so far created and was unable to change it's location by dragging it. Do I have to return to the folder I created for my playlist in this case, renumber them there, and reload the lot as a new playlist? I've searched Roland FAQs, searched this forum and searched Roland VSC Help files, all to no avail.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Roland VSC - 06/29/09 09:02 PM
I'm not aware of VSC having a play list, it is a DXi synth that play midi output inside any DAW. Powertracks , Real Band and BiaB all have either Play lists or Juke Box features. Ya might try that.

Right now i am using RB as my playback system, but am thinking of switching over to PT to run the finished product due to it being a tad lighter load on the old laptop, plus it has the ahrmonizer that might be handy in a few songs!
Posted By: Mac Re: Roland VSC - 06/30/09 12:54 AM
The older VSC43 (nonDXi) has a playlist.

I don't think it is drag 'n drop, though.

--Mac
Posted By: bigalguitarpicker Re: Roland VSC - 07/29/09 11:14 PM
A belated thanks for the input folks.
@Robh: If I open VSC it comes up with a playlist (or lists) and allows the saving of playlists. I was looking for a handy way of changing order of play within a previously created playlist, but I don't think there is one!
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Roland VSC - 07/30/09 04:15 AM
One of the things you might do is order your files by number, so 1-Charade, 2-Moon River, 3-The Pink Panther, 4-Peter Gunn, 5- Dreamsville... and that should put them in order.

However, when you get over 9, it may go 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, etc.

Gary
Posted By: Mac Re: Roland VSC - 07/30/09 01:19 PM
Put zeros in front of the single digit numbers: 01, 02, 03, etc.

One can also use the shifted number signs to place songs before the numbers in the order that the signs appear on the QWERTY keyboard from left to right: ~!@@#$%^&*()_+

So "!mysong.mid" will be placed in front of ")mysong.mid" etc. and before any songs that start with a numeral. I save those signs for quick moving of songs in a list to the top.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums