PG Music Home
Hi there, any idea how to incorporate .PRG file (patch file generated using Mellosoftron III) into Roland VSC?
p/s: i've generate my own sound in .PRG format and would like to add this into Roland VSC as a new instrument patch. Any idea hoe to do it?
Thanks!
I don't think anything like that can be done at all with the VSC.

Not without some serious reverse engineering followed by some even more serious re-engineering of the VSC code, which would be a violation of the licensing agreement as well as difficult.

--Mac
Thanks Mac.
I would like to generate my own instrument patch by using wav sound file, and use it for my midi song. Do you know if there is any software can do this?
RealBand and PowerTracks allow you to use wav files along side midi files. If you have the wav file just add it.

If you don’t have the wave file any free wave editor like Audacity can be used to record one. Or you can use either RB or PT to record it.

If you want to make a bank of wav’s then Kontakt 3.5 may be what you need. It’s a bit on the expensive side but it comes with a ton of excellent patches.

Good luck.
Quote:

Thanks Mac.
I would like to generate my own instrument patch by using wav sound file, and use it for my midi song. Do you know if there is any software can do this?

Soundfont technology can be used to convert samples to a MIDI-mapped soundfont.

There are a few programs designed for this, the original was the old Creative "Vienna" software, might be out there on the web for free now.

Then you could use any software soundfont player, like a DXi or VST one, inside programs like Powertracks or Realband to play that soundfont in realtime with either a MIDI controller instrument such as a keyboard, or by playing back a MIDI file.

Be advised that creating such is tedious business, paying much attention to layers and especially to the critical looping points for each sample, getting those loops in just the right place to avoid telltale artifacts can be a painstaking process.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums