PG Music Home
Posted By: avatars_the_titletrack Realtracks suggestions - 04/07/10 02:39 AM
man, I love these Realtracks. I had a crazy idea. I don't know how the Realtracks are made, I imagined that for example, a strummed acoustic guitar in Realtracks was made by sampling each possible chord separately and then BB puts the progression togheter.

How about 'sampling' each note at many different dynamics, vibrato,etc , especially on parts for the melody ? Then I suppose the notes could be manipulated just like for MIDI

this 'sampling each note' business would not work for certain instruments, i.e. the polyphonic ones like an organ, etc, because if separate notes were sampled, then the typical distortion of a B3 organ, would sound like rubbish or would have to be recreated digitally with a distortion device, which is not what we would want....but the 'single note sampling' could work very well on solo instruments like the sax or clarinet......

the whole point of this, would be to be able to record our own melodies for the melody track in the Realtracks and even edit this part in the BB notation. It would be awesome to be able to play around with a saxophone sound of the caliber found in the Realtracks

I suppose it's no easy job, but it's an idea...
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Realtracks suggestions - 04/07/10 07:54 PM
Good imagination, but that is not how RealTracks are made; they are phrases, not individual notes or chords.
© PG Music Forums