PG Music Home
I'm pretty sure the Mark 12 styles were not created by BIAB. I have the Mark 10 Digital Piano and have looked at the various files you get with the Mark 10 (similar to the Mark 12). Just because they are ".sty" files, doesn't make them BIAB compatible files. Yamaha styles are also .sty files.

I don't understand your poll, however. What are you asking for? It's better just to ask your question(s); polls don't play very well in this forum.

That being said, you can use your Kurzweil as your sound source by plugging your MIDI out on the computer to the MIDI in on the keyboard and selecting the MIDI out in BIAB. The Kurzweil is not General MIDI, though. There is a General MIDI mode, but it doesn't have all the instruments, so you can end up with some weird sounds, as it just tries to substitute something close. But the sounds from the keyboard are wonderful. Most of this information is in your user's manual.

I think you can even still download the available styles and sounds sets from the internet, even though the keyboard has been discontinued for a number of years now. The styles and sound sets disks work on both the Mark 10 and the Mark 12.
The style files are completely different animals.

One is not compat with the other.

The ".sty" extension just happens to have been used by more than one company or developer, but the stuff "under the hood" is almost always going to be different from developer to developer.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums