PG Music Home
Posted By: maiki Real Tracks Suggestions - 11/28/10 09:43 PM
It seems like the main new thing in the past couple years has been the Real Tracks, and additions of more and more of them.

However, most seem to be similar, more and more country and rock tracks, a few (not many) jazz and latin.

In upcoming versions, I hope there is not just more and more of the same kind of Real Tracks. I would like to see some that are completely different, especially in styles and sounds that cannot easily be replicated well with MIDI>

For instance, I may have missed something, but it seems to me that all the guitars you have in Real Tracks are steel-stringed, both acoustic and electric.

What about some nylon stringed guitars, such as are used in Brazilian music, other Latin music, and Flamenco? (For instance, I think it would be extremely difficult, perhaps impossible, to replicate a flamenco guitar player, using complicated finger-strumming patterns, through MIDI. It would be really nice to have that in Real Tracks, recordings of excellent flamenco guitarists with different patterns and progressions, in Real Tracks. Ditto with other nylon string styles. Also different size guitars, like the requinto, and different size mariachi guitars--Bajo Quinto, Bajo Sexto, and Guitarron?

Also, something I and others have requested before--what about Real Voices, and Real Strings? I think those would be a big hit, and probably convince people to buy BIAB (or to upgrade), who otherwise would not. (Also, not at all easily replicated by MIDI.) Those would not be associated with a particular style, but could be used with any style. Long held chords, with nice voicing and transition, by both a string section, and a vocal ensemble. (For the latter, there could be choices such as aahs or ooohs, men, women, or both, how many singers in the ensemble, etc.) (For the strings, different kinds of articulations.) It is very difficult, practically impossible, to do either of those (vocal or string accompaniments)well with MIDI. Having Real Voices, and Real Strings, to be used in any kind of style, would be most welcome, I think by people all over the world, involved in all kinds of music. As I said, I think it could bring new users to BIAB, even to people otherwise not interested in the app, just to get Real Strings and Real Voices.

Are any of the suggestions made above (all of which have been made before)--various nylon string guitars, Real Voices, and Real Strings, coming soon? If not, I hope you put them in your plans.

PS another real track suggestion that came to me, although not of as widespread an interest as those above. You have some tracks with Cuban music. Why not add the very typical Cuban stringed instrument called Tres, such an important part of the music. That would be very nice to have, for anyone interested in Cuban music.

In any case, thank you for your great products!
Posted By: Julius Re: Real Tracks Suggestions - 11/29/10 11:26 AM
I like your opinion, maiki.
I hope in the future more styles and variety of Real Tracks. I play a little "Tres cubano" and spanish guitar.
Posted By: Mac Re: Real Tracks Suggestions - 12/01/10 12:31 PM
Test, please ignore.

--Mac
Posted By: jombles Re: Real Tracks Suggestions - 12/17/10 03:34 AM
I actually joined the forum to make the same suggestion about the Spanish Guitar but it seems that I was lacking in my thoughts. A entire Real Track or Solo track with flamingo, and Spanish influenced instruments would be great.
© PG Music Forums