PG Music Home
Posted By: Keebo Custom Chord Maker - 03/21/11 03:08 AM
I would like to see a method for creating chords from scratch by entering the notes that make up a particular chord. We have seen many requests for certain chords that are not yet available and the somewhat (un)usable workarounds.

I know this would be a problem for RealTracks but it could be quite useful for MIDI tracks.

I wrote a song recently that used chords that were unavailable in BIAB and the only tracks that were acceptable were the bass and drum tracks. MIDI strings, pads, organ, etc. would have been a really nice additional accompaniment.

Pardon me if this has been suggested before but it obviously has not yet been implemented.

Thanks.
Posted By: alan S. Re: Custom Chord Maker - 03/28/11 12:26 AM
I agree, but for now you might want to experiment with this method.

You can globally delete notes from all the chord patterns in the stylemaker by selecting the midi note number and then reducing the velocity to zero. Also, after generating a chord playback you can bounce the piano part to the melody channel. Once there you can use the melody harmony feature (the low root voice shifted up an octave or two) to add a note to the chords by typing in the note in a new chord sheet. Using these techniques together I can get just about any chord I want.

Regards

Alan
Posted By: Keebo Re: Custom Chord Maker - 03/28/11 02:29 AM
Thanks for the tip, Alan. I will give that a shot.
© PG Music Forums