PG Music Home
Hi there,

I am now in full swing with BIAB and PT and worked out a procedure to have a slick operation between the two

The only irritation is the fact that the rendered files go into the same folder as my BIAB song files making it messy to find the WAV's in PT between all my SGU and MGU files.

WIBNIF (Would'nt It Be NIce If) we could define the Target folder for rendered files which would then be a halfway house between PT and BIAB i.e the {interface} files

Other than that no problem ....
When you use 'Save' or 'Save As' or 'Save with Patches and Harmony' on a file for the first time, it throws up a window and you can select where you want to save it to. I always save a file that I want to export and then import into PTPA, I save it to the Desktop. Its easy to find then.

HTH
I have a folder in my BB directory named "0_My_Stuff". The 0 puts it in first place among all the other folders, making it easy to find among the dozens of folders there. In it goes everything to do with current projects--BIAB, .MID, and .WAV files. You could, as Sam suggested, put a similar folder on the desktop or anywhere convenient for access by BIAB and your DAW.
Thanks,

While I am working on a song, I move that son to a folder and then open it in BIAB, then all the rendered files goes into the same folder and they all belong. I then have the song back to the others whenI am done .. it is the only way that I do not have to search through all the older/other files. It is still a workaround as well but it remains a bit of a shlep....

Thanks for the advice though...
© PG Music Forums