PG Music Home
I export my BIAB arrangements as both MIDI, RealTracks, and RealDrums. I don't like the pre-configured mix of the RealDrums. It would be nice to have separate wave files generated for each drum sound. If this consumes too much memory, at least place the kick drum in a separate wave file. This would allow a better balance with the string bass without affecting the other percussion sounds. BIAB would output a stereo wave file for the main drum sounds and a separate mono wave file for the bass (kick) drum.
It would be nice to have at least the Snare-Kick-HH-Toms-Cymbals on sep tracks, but I really don't see that happening any time soon...thus i just create my own using Loops or Midi, gives me more control that way....
Quote:

It would be nice to have at least the Snare-Kick-HH-Toms-Cymbals on sep tracks, but I really don't see that happening any time soon...thus i just create my own using Loops or Midi, gives me more control that way....

and that option is available NOW!
(people like NOW)
Tell us more Pat !
Quote:

and that option is available NOW!
(people like NOW)

I am referring to Audio, not Midi....but if there is a way to do this with the Audio that would be cool. IF it worked for ALL the real drum tracks from 1 on up. I still use a lot of the first RT/RD....
Please explain how to do this, Pat. I export the RD to my DAW all the time and I would LOVE to have the snare and kick on seperate tracks.

Thanks.
Maybe Pat means the Loops are available now in BIAB?

No, you cannot easily split off individual parts of the drum kit from the pre-mixed RealDrums. I suppose if you wanted to apply very narrow bandpass filtering, you could grab one part of the kit, but the effort to do so for each of the kit parts would be impractical, and I suspect you would have terrible trouble with bleeding of other sounds into each track, and really bad "thin" sound for each part of the drum kit.
You're right about the filtering. Pat. I've tried it the past and it ain't that great.

I will sometimes double the drum track and use a low-pass filter on one track to accentuate the bass drum and a hi-pass filter on the other track to add punch to the snare and toms and eliminate as much of the kick as possible. It works pretty good.

I've tried adding a third drum track with a hi-pass for just the cymbals but there's too much overlap with the snare fo this to be really useful.
There are plenty of drum loop options now as Pat points out that will effectively do the job better than attempting to unmix the real drums in BIAB.

That said, Sony Creative Music recently sent me an email announcing a new software called Spectral Layers Pro that they claim can unmix a mix. I can not vouch for its ability to unmix a drum kit, but I played with it during a free trial and I was able to unmix the test track that Sony provided, and I was able to unmix to some degree some of my own tracks. For someone interested in unmixing a drum kit, it might be worthwile to download the demo and see if it does a sastifactory job for what you want.
© PG Music Forums