PG Music Home
Posted By: AlastairLC Strings Real Tracks - 06/27/12 06:00 PM
It would be nice to have real tracks for strings (violins, etc.).
Midi strings can't be added to a real tracks style and sound terrible anyway.
(It's ironic that we have a specific part for "Strings" but no strings real tracks.)
-Alastair
Posted By: MikeK Re: Strings Real Tracks - 06/28/12 12:17 PM
This has been suggested several times, so one more time won't hurt

+1
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Strings Real Tracks - 06/29/12 10:51 PM
Real Strings would be Amazing! 1+
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Strings Real Tracks - 06/30/12 04:41 PM
Quote:

It would be nice to have real tracks for strings (violins, etc.).
Midi strings can't be added to a real tracks style and sound terrible anyway.
(It's ironic that we have a specific part for "Strings" but no strings real tracks.)
-Alastair

I'm curious to know why you believe that strings can't be added to RT styles! The vast majority of styles are hybrids of MIDI and RT components. It is definitely possible to create styles that combine MIDI strings with real tracks. And regarding how good they sound, that's a function of the sound module, and that puts the quality directly in your control.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't be cool to have strings real tracks! I could really use a great cello with all the acoustic nuances, harmonics, intermittent vibrato, sring squeak etc intact
Posted By: John Conley Re: Strings Real Tracks - 07/07/12 02:41 AM
Real congas are first, well after Cow Bell.
Posted By: bupper Re: Strings Real Tracks - 07/07/12 10:56 AM
congas are already there John. Have a look at the BossaRockPerc set I'm sure there are more but thats about n°10 in the list starting from the top so I presume there are loads more
Posted By: avatars_the_titletrack Re: Strings Real Tracks - 07/09/12 11:51 AM
+ 1 for strings
Posted By: rodipoet Re: Strings Real Tracks - 07/09/12 02:00 PM
Strings are the realtracks we are longing for, strings and ooh and aah-vocals
Posted By: 1manband Re: Strings Real Tracks - 07/16/12 12:06 AM
Yes, yes yes! Beautiful, lush, Nelson Riddle strings (like the Linda Ronstadt albums) or those like Whitney Houston recordings have. Pretty ballads and slow worship songs really need RealStrings! Please!
Posted By: okiedee Re: Strings Real Tracks - 07/17/12 02:10 PM
Quote:

Strings are the realtracks we are longing for, strings and ooh and aah-vocals

realtracks with ooh/aah backing vocals would be amazing
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Strings Real Tracks - 08/03/12 10:25 PM
Now that PG has shown they CAN do this for one string (cello) it's time to add STRINGS next go around - at least SLOW ones for ballads/standards in the areas of Jazz, County, Pop.

And if they can do it for RT's then they can also do it for MIDI supertracks (albeit not as easily due to lack of or limited types/kinds of violin, Viola, Cello, etc. MIDI input devices)

so Peter PLEASE - PRETTY PLEASE with silky smooth strings on top!

Larry
Posted By: dcuny Re: Strings Real Tracks - 08/04/12 12:28 AM
Someone's got to write all those parts, and they you've got to hire a string group to play it, and I suspect that's several scales more difficult than hiring a pro to play over changes.

Still, it would be great to have. They key would be doing something that would really show off the strings, instead of something that you could do with a typical pad or MIDI strings already.

My teenage son is playing some latin-style music in his room, and I can hear the strings clearly. Most of the string parts are linear instead of some pad, or a thickened line. It's very effective with the music, and shows off the strings in a way a simple pad wouldn't.

Now he's switched to Vivaldi, and again... lovely stuff.

NI's Session Strings has some lovely sounds in it. It's got that "disco strings" sound. Again, I think the sort of "linear" rather than "pad" sound that really shows off the strings best.

I'd still love to have some RealString pads to add to my songs, though...
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Strings Real Tracks - 08/04/12 02:24 AM
Yes, I imagine this task is easily as difficult as Brass Section RealTracks, like those threads requesting Tower of Power horns. For me to add a horn section to a recording is a lot of work.

Oh, and +1 for Vivaldi
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Strings Real Tracks - 08/04/12 08:20 PM
But Matt, if it were EASY you'd be putting yourself and other horn players out of work??

In any case, I never said strings would be easy or trival I just said - PLEASE!

EDIT: don't know why I thought "stings" would not be easy
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Strings Real Tracks - 08/04/12 09:44 PM
Right on both counts, Larry!
© PG Music Forums