PG Music Home
Posted By: brenton spry Maximum volume - 07/17/12 09:14 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with the maximum volume being too low? Playing over a track I have to have my guitar volume so low it loses all tone. with a saxaphone forget it you cant hear it at all I think the maximum volume needs to be 50% higher
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Maximum volume - 07/17/12 11:11 AM
Brenton,

I'd have thought that volume is largely controlled externally. What sort of speaker system do you use?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: daz Re: Maximum volume - 07/18/12 12:36 PM
Yes I also think the overall volume is too low. Once I've converted my song to a wav file I import it into an audio software program like adobe audition, sound forge etc. From there I'll increase the volume by 3-6 dbs. Then save as an mp3.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Maximum volume - 07/19/12 03:20 PM
Volume has nothing to do with band in a box. Your sound card, pre amps and amps do that.

I have all settings up to max In computer, drums at 127, output to Beringer Xenix then to dbl eq with limiter, then to a crown amp xls802 At 1600 watts.

I also have a Bose l1 model 2 as vocal system.
Posted By: Knuckler Re: Maximum volume - 08/02/12 07:59 PM
When I am using a DAW to get more control over the realtracks and I use the BIAB mixer to center pan, turn off reverb and maximise the volume I find most instruments to be at a reasonable level which I then normalize. But I find some instruments such as '362 ac guitar strum Ev' to be at extremely low levels which then sounds grainy when normalized.

When I'm recording to RADAR24 I want the level to be as high as possible without clipping so that I'm using as much of the 24 bits as possible. If something is recorded too low then one is only getting 8 bits or whatever.... and can sound grainy...

Any comments or fixes from BIAB are welcome. Can the original recordings be re-magiced into BIAB at a better level?
© PG Music Forums