PG Music Home
Posted By: bennettdh Lead In bar allow chords - 08/27/08 09:39 AM
Hi Developers,

Would it be possible to enter chord symbols on the Lead In bar (bar zero)?

Regards,

Denis
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Lead In bar allow chords - 08/17/16 03:02 PM
+1
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Lead In bar allow chords - 08/17/16 04:16 PM
+1

Don't recall ever seeing this request before.
Posted By: jford Re: Lead In bar allow chords - 08/17/16 04:20 PM
If this wish were granted, would you also expect for the accompaniment to start during the lead-in (where the chord, or chords, appear)?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Lead In bar allow chords - 08/17/16 07:58 PM
I would assume so, John or you wouldn't hear anything?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Lead In bar allow chords - 08/17/16 09:28 PM
If you haven't got around to the real band app yet it might be worth taking a look, you can actually do that in it.
You can do it in biab but you have to Save track as Performance File first, Audio - Move Performance Track to Audio , Window - Audio Edit, snap, copy and paste any relative section from the track to bar 0.
If you have more than one track use Audio - Move Audio to Performance Track, then do the next.

You can also do it in real band then bring it back into biab http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=343721

There is also a usertrack request for that
Intro starts on this bar (2 or 3 bar intro/count-in/lead-in/pickup for bars -1 & 0,1).

Hope this might help.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Lead In bar allow chords - 08/18/16 03:08 AM
Yes, +1
It would be good if this was a direct function, rather than requiring a workaround.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Lead In bar allow chords - 08/18/16 07:58 PM
Even without any instrument playing during the pickup/intro, I can easily see the value for this in cases of e.g. harmonies starting early on, say, the V chord (or what have you) and resolving into the I chord at bar 1, etc.

+1
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Lead In bar allow chords - 08/18/16 08:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Icelander
harmonies starting early on etc.
+1

Good point!
Posted By: Dave Re: Lead In bar allow chords - 08/19/16 10:43 AM
If it's that important to have chords in the lead in, why not start the song on bar 2, using bar 1 as the lead in?

If I need to put more than 2 beats in the lead bar, that's what I have always done, othewise you take away the drum tempo setting
Posted By: Icelander Re: Lead In bar allow chords - 08/19/16 05:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
If it's that important to have chords in the lead in, why not start the song on bar 2, using bar 1 as the lead in?
Well, for one thing this workaround wouldn't give you the same kind of count-in, unless I'm reading this all wrong.
And then of course there's the (more importantly) "Because we shouldn't have to".
© PG Music Forums