PG Music Home
Yes, this is what I think the most important think to implement in the MAC version of BIAB.
Many users say that they had developed hundreds of files, MGX for instance, they would like to use switching to MAC, without having to rebuild each one.

Moreover, Opening a MIDI File or a KAR file should work as in Windows, nothing more nothing less, with Lyrics, chords, and every track in the 16 tracks sequencer, ready to be modified.

Now that PGMusic is going to revaluate MIDIs, is time to think about it.
Yes I agree, I had an MGU file with a corresponding mp4 audio file from BBwin and BBmac could not play it.
Maybe they have a lot a problems trying to code the Mac version ?
Bob..
I'm a little confused. The .MGX file extension is for what? As far as I remember one could open band in a box files on either mac or PC without issue forever. In fact, when I moved my Band in a Box off of a PC to a Mac in 2007 or so (when there was finally a good version of Band in a Box for OS X), I simply put the 10k+ files I had from PC on to a flash drive, and then put those on my Mac and they work perfectly.

So, not sure exactly what a MGX file is (I don't think the Mac version creates them...or I've never seen my system create them).

As for MIDI and KAR files......that really is not what Band in a Box is supposed to be. It's NOT a midi sequencer. There are PLENTY OF CHEAP OR FREE ones for Windows or Mac. Say, PowerTracks for instance? Or Logic?
Hi, EricDano -

This is what the user manual says about MGX files:

Quote:

You can open an entire MIDI file into Band-in-a-Box. The chords will be automatically interpreted by the Chord Wizard and the MIDI file will play and display on the Melody track. A “silent” style will be loaded so you'll only hear the MIDI file. When the file is saved, the extension will be MGX, allowing you to easily identify the BB songs that you have that contain entire MIDI files.

You could also use the powerful music making features of Band-in-a-Box to create new accompaniments, add harmonies, add soloing, and embellish the melody. And when you're finished, you can always resave your song as a MIDI file again.

I don't have the Mac version, so I don't know if they implemented the multi-channel sequencer for the melody and soloist tracks. If not, that's probably why the Mac won't read an MGX file.
© PG Music Forums