PG Music Home
Posted By: The Sheki Real Time Arranging - 09/30/08 02:49 PM
It would be great to be able to use BIAB to jam in a live setting. The chord finder would find the chord, and the arrangement would provide all the support needed.

You'd probably need a few key commands for rolls and variations, but it would be nice to axe the drum machine and replace it with a full backup band.
Posted By: musocity Re: Real Time Arranging - 04/24/24 03:48 AM
+1 That's not a bad idea ! from a long time ago before I had Biab, 2008, I wonder if we will see it before 2028 ?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Real Time Arranging - 04/24/24 04:17 AM
I don't think a computer that you would take to a gig would have enough processing power to do this live, even now, and certainly not in 2008. 2008 was the start of RealDums, followed by RealTracks. But maybe using MIDI this might be possible.
Posted By: musocity Re: Real Time Arranging - 04/24/24 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Pipeline Sun May 08 2022
There was an issue with Reaper not handling wma files well as it was using ffmpeg decoder but the very helpful guys over at Reaper implemented the Windows Media Foundation codec to fix this issue after I asked them and I did some testing, now Reaper plays wma direct accurately on old or new hardware.
You will need the latest version from 6.57
It now plays fine on a 1.9GHz Celeron Win7 laptop with a 5400rpm HD.
Thanks to the incredibly helpful guys at Reaper this shows what I have been saying about Biab/BBPlugin/RealBand playing source files direct that seemed to fall on deaf ears around here.
All this would allow Biab to be used as a Live Arranger that will be a game changer, the Reaper guys saw this, I just hope the Biab guys will also now see.

VIDEO: Biab-Live-Arranger-WMA.mp4
Users must not read posts that I have been posting for years n years with actual examples. I have no idea why they don't just try these things out for themselves, rather than waiting for PG's confirmation and approval of the possibility.

JJazzLab works as a Live Arranger using keyboard midi styles the same thing Biab could have done back in 2008.

Users need to look more into these things, experiment themselves, be more supportive and encouraging, anyone can download and try n try n try Reaper for FREE to see how it instantly plays wma from/to any point in any wma file with seamless transitions. Reaper doesn't require anyone to be a brain surgeon to use it, but how many have tried it to give ideas how Biab could work ?????????
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Real Time Arranging - 04/26/24 01:43 PM
Also, take a look at this post:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=808462#Post808462
© PG Music Forums