PG Music Home
Posted By: Fivehands Music XML - 10/28/08 07:54 AM
Any thoughts on adding Music XML to the Notation part of the program? I know that a MIDI file exported from BIAB and then imported to Cubase will result in it being scored in the Score section. But maybe if we were able to import scores into BIAB it would open up some musical possibilities, especially with the nifty features of Jazz up and Jazz down of chords. Just a thought. If you happen to get a hold of a score that has been written in a notation program without the Music XML feature it can be converted to pdf. and from there it can be converted to Music XML by certain programs. Music XML seems to hold some promise but MIDI to Score isn't a bad way to go for now.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Music XML - 11/01/08 05:49 PM
FYI, I recall this was mentioned a year ago by PG Music as something they are aware of that would be a nice addition to BIAB.

My notation program of choice, Encore, is also adding support for Music XML in the new version I am beta testing. Having both programs support it would indeed be great.
Posted By: Charles A. Monteiro Re: Music XML - 08/08/10 01:47 PM
ok, bump, bump, bump. MusicXML is now widely supported and it would handle some hassles of exporting from BIAB to Sibelius and for that matter others like MuseScore which I have been recently playing with.
Posted By: clinsl Re: Music XML - 10/14/11 04:47 PM
MusicXML! YES

How about some grace notes too?
© PG Music Forums