PG Music Home
I have used BIAB for years and find it one of the best music software programs in existence. It is very powerful and very easy to use. My main complaint is that even with the large number of styles available (and I have almost all of them), there are few that fit my style of music. The heavy preference for jazz, country, and rock may reflect popular tastes, but usually do not suit my needs. I'm a composer and often use BIAB as a starting point for recording compositions. I have to search and search to find something that really is in the style I have written and envisioned. The soundtrack, new age, and world styles sometimes come close. Other times I start from scratch with a notation program and don't use BIAB at all.

This is my vote for more variety in styles.

Ted Anderson
Kingston PA
ted are you familiar with the style maker function, where you can build your own from elements of others?

Also have you deeply perused the styles at Notes Norton's site?
+1 here. I'm also a composer and find that the world, New Age, and techno styles do the most for me. I'd love to see more.
Yes .... wholeheartedly agree.

I too use less conventional styles, leaning toward Celtic, finger style guitar, strings, slow banjo, pipes etc. Country is great but Contemporary folk, (NOT TRADITIONAL), is something I would love to see more of in the way of styles.

A knowledge of Jazz is essential but I'd prefer NOT to drown in it.
© PG Music Forums