PG Music Home
Posted By: Harvey Gerst A Clock and Changing Instrument Names - 08/17/13 08:13 PM
It would be nice to have a clock showing the time at a particular point in the song.

Right now, we have "Bass, Piano, Drums, Guitar, Strings, Soloist, and Melody" that appears as the names of tracks when we convert them to individual waves. It would be nice to be able to change those names to something that would be more useful. I often put pedal steel on the "Strings" track and a second guitar on the "Piano" track.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: A Clock and Changing Instrument Names - 08/18/13 01:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Harvey Gerst
It would be nice to have a clock showing the time at a particular point in the song.

Right now, we have "Bass, Piano, Drums, Guitar, Strings, Soloist, and Melody" that appears as the names of tracks when we convert them to individual waves. It would be nice to be able to change those names to something that would be more useful. I often put pedal steel on the "Strings" track and a second guitar on the "Piano" track.

Hi Harvey

the clock is obviously a popular request and probably similar to this similar to this thread
and
also similar to this thred

I think it's a great idea too

+1
Both those thread seem to favor a "progress bar." I just want a clock showing the time at any bar.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: A Clock and Changing Instrument Names - 08/19/13 12:44 AM
Do you mean the minutes and seconds position of the current song? I think the first link was to a thread doing something quite similar.

Clock in Band-In-A-Box
"It would be really useful to have the option to show the current song position in minutes and seconds. Ideally this would be a large, easily visible, format display. The clock could update in real time as the song played."
Posted By: John-Luke Re: A Clock and Changing Instrument Names - 08/19/13 11:10 AM
Just an important note :
As pre-requisite, it would mandatory that PG fixes the duration issue before implementing any clock. FYI, the song duration displayed on the main page is erroneous, because it counts two extra-bars to the actual bars quantity of a song. This issue has been confirmed by PG Tech people in 2012 and we are still waiting for a fix.
I assume the extra two bars are for the click intro (which is fine with me). I import all my BIAB tracks into a DAW anyway - with the click intros included
Good one! and should be pretty simply to implement.
The clock could be useful, yes
Also changing the instrument names. Especially for MIDI Files Export
Also there should be 16 tracks for 16 instruments, as in MIDI.
This would be good for classical music.

Michael Frank
© PG Music Forums