PG Music Home
I would like to be able to set the Tick Offset default to zero (or any other value).
Currently it seems to vary itself, sometimes -7, sometimes -12 etc. (perhaps influenced by style chosen?) and, even if I set it to zero before entering notes, I often find it has changed part way through a tune which can be very annoying (possibly when I leave the notation window and come back to it?) and I end up having to go back through it editing notes.
The reason I want to do this is because for practice purposes I want some tunes to be timed correctly on the beat. With a default to zero we would then have the option of changing it for anything else as and when necessary.
Regards
Godfrey
I see the same problem, introduced with BIAB 2014.
Some user settings no longer save as they used to prior to BIAB 2014.
This is just one of them.
You can try, but they keep reverting back to defaults.

Don
I'm still finding this really annoying. I know how to set the tick offset to zero before entering notation but then when I open the file again it reverts to the default of -9 and then allegedly "automatically scans the file for the best setting" which in the case of the latest file I'm working on seems to considered -12.
Surely I can be relied upon to know what setting I want? Even if I reset to zero at the beginning of a playback, it starts off on the beat but after a few bars it slips back. Surely there must be a way of over-riding this automatic scanning or if not, there should be.
Any ideas anyone?
© PG Music Forums