PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic Wave Form Editing in Band in a Box - 08/29/14 06:40 PM
1. Freeze and unfreeze Bars (not just whole track)
Many times Band in a Box will create a perfect instrument track with the exception usually of 1 or 2 bars that go rogue as I call it. For example a piano will be playing a perfect arpeggio sound and then and all of a sudden start hammering down on chords. It would be awesome to just be able to freeze all of the other bars and unfreeze the troubled bars for regeneration. The force track to simple arrangement has helped but there are still times the parts just go rogue. You could also make a list of all available a sections of say electric guitar, and then let the person choose the section they want played. I know there is the edit style feature that is suppose to let you choose which sections you want played and then mute all the others, but it does not work on realtracks at least not on mine, I always get rogue players even when I have tried to edit a style. It worked with midi but not on real tracks.

2. Track Audio Editing
The ability to see the wave form created for an instrument and then be able to cut and paste sections, add effects to the form, such as gain, reverb, etc. Without the need to take to a daw, this would be so great for entirely instrumental songs as there would be no need for software movement. Or if it is going to have to go to a daw, make it to where as soon as the tracks are created band in a box can then be hidden and the daw is already there to work with. In other words just merge biab and realband, and or which ever other daw a person uses.

3. Real Drum parts on separate tracks
Kick, Snare, etc on their own tracks for mixing purposes, this would be so helpful as you would then have full control over each individual drum beat for volume and effects and could cut and paste in loops where a part was not working and also just cut and paste a part that maybe was not what you wanted say the kick loses some power you can then just paste the kick sound you want in it's place from another part of the song; or add in a looped section.

Most of the time you have time to work with a song and get it perfect, so you can take it to a daw and edit and repair. It would be nice though, especially when the song is only instrumental to be able to mix and produce it from creation to cd without the need to drag and drop into another software program.

Biab to me is the greatest invention for making music since the invention of the instruments themselves. These are some tips though that I feel would put biab out of the stratosphere. I numbered track freezing by bar #1 and audio editing #2, but they should really be 1a and 1b. As having easy control over your tracks is what every daw manufacturer strives for and advertises. These 2 things would be a giant leap for BIAB and so time saving. All three of these could be accomplished easily if biab and realband were merged into 1 software. Thanks as always Pg for a great product!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Wave Form Editing in Band in a Box - 09/05/14 08:12 PM
+1 Great ideas!!!
© PG Music Forums