PG Music Home
Posted By: jeffgee A function inside Biab that does this... - 09/20/14 03:59 PM
This is something I think is very cool for melody creating...For some reason people don't seem to understand what I am referring to when I mention this...however the game is a musical dice game for composing melodies...Different from the biab melodist in the way that the user (player) can have the learning experience of going through the composition measure by measure...http://www.ccarh.org/courses/253/lab/kerndice/ please let me know your thoughts:)
Posted By: jeffgee Re: A function inside Biab that does this... - 09/20/14 04:01 PM
oooh by the way....my wishlist item here is that biab could incorporate something like this in to the interface...so that the user can create a great melody, practice harmonization by entering the chord changes, and do it all in biab.
Posted By: BBB Re: A function inside Biab that does this... - 09/22/14 06:10 AM
Hi Jeff,

Maybe If You are a Rocket Scientist or something like that! No offense but what is this insanity?!

Good Luck,

BBB
Posted By: jeffgee Re: A function inside Biab that does this... - 09/29/14 03:30 AM
lol....it is a composition game invented by Mozart & Haydn looks real complicated but it isn't really...just roll the dice & come up with different compositional elements...different from the biab melodist in that you could control specifically bar by bar which compositional devices you wanted to use
Originally Posted By: jeffgee
.... you could control specifically bar by bar which compositional devices you wanted to use

I still don't profess to understand. What about using your own musician skills to artistically create music. That would seem a whole lot more satisfying. No?

Re Quote: "Mozart & Haydn looks real complicated but it isn't really".

jeffgee, no disrespect meant, but are you from a different planet?

How many of Mozart's Piano (or Violin, Horn, Woodwind) Concertos have you performed?

I have played many of them. And funny thing, I never found any of them 'uncomplicated'

Posted By: jeffgee Re: A function inside Biab that does this... - 10/11/14 04:36 AM
You are quite correct...By Uncomplicated
I was referring to the concept of the dice game. Not Mozart's music I am a Mozart fan myself and am in awe of his genius:)......As far as using my own skills to create music that is also a great idea and something I (at least attempt to) do regularly.....Perhaps I am from a different planet..I thought this was a band in a box wishlist forum.
© PG Music Forums