PG Music Home
Posted By: thickage Multiple Tempo Changes - 12/20/14 10:52 AM
Would love to have the ability to change tempos within a song.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 12/20/14 11:53 AM
You can. Click on the measure were you want to change the tempo then press F5. One of F5's options is to change tempo, either by a given amount or a percentage of the currant tempo.
Posted By: thickage Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/15/15 09:23 PM
Thank you for the reply!!! Can't wait to use this!
Posted By: Icelander Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/26/15 01:03 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
You can. Click on the measure were you want to change the tempo then press F5. One of F5's options is to change tempo, either by a given amount or a percentage of the currant tempo.
It's quite limited though, innit? Like, you can only slow down an entire bar, as opposed to e.g. the last two beats of that bar. And I still haven't found a way for my changes to 'stick' on the 2-bar endings, have you?? smirk
Posted By: MarioD Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/26/15 02:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Icelander
It's quite limited though, innit? Like, you can only slow down an entire bar, as opposed to e.g. the last two beats of that bar. And I still haven't found a way for my changes to 'stick' on the 2-bar endings, have you?? smirk

I can't answer this question as I do all of my work in Sonar. There I can do ritardandos and other tempo changes very easily. Maybe you can do the same in RB, don't know.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/26/15 02:59 PM

I can't answer this question as I do all of my work in Sonar. There I can do ritardandos and other tempo changes very easily. Maybe you can do the same in RB, don't know.
Nor do I since RB isn't available to me (yes I know I keep mentioning that anywhere I can, heh - it's just so bloomin' irritating! crazy)
Posted By: percy Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/26/15 03:51 PM
Icelander,

Maybe you can put the last two beats in its own bar and apply the necessary changes.

Percy
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/26/15 04:31 PM
Icelander, can you elaborate please? What do you mean by "stick"? In BIAB the 4-bar ending now allows for a 2-bar ending to fade out over two more bars. Or is that not available in the Mac version?

Posted By: Icelander Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/26/15 06:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Icelander, can you elaborate please? What do you mean by "stick"? In BIAB the 4-bar ending now allows for a 2-bar ending to fade out over two more bars. Or is that not available in the Mac version?
It's not what I'm referring to, I'm purely talking about changes in tempo.

You see, these 'built-in' endings start after the last 'chorus', so any changes I made to the tempo within/before that last chorus seem to be reverted back to the original main tempo.
Or, as I said: It doesn't 'stick'! wink
Posted By: MarioD Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/26/15 07:55 PM
Have you tried to unfold the song into one large chorus, assuming of course that it is less than 255 measures; that is the limit in the Win versions, don't know about the limit on the Mac version. If you can try it, make your tempo changes and determine if they stick.

Also try your tempo changes on another song with more than one chorus to determine if you have glitch in your initial song or if you have found a bug in the Mac version.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/26/15 08:10 PM
Have you tried to unfold the song into one large chorus. If you can try it, make your tempo changes and determine if they stick.
===
Also try your tempo changes on another song with more than one chorus to determine if you have glitch in your initial song or if you have found a bug in the Mac version.
It doesn't make any difference if it's just one chorus, the ending section is always after that chorus has ended (i.e. after the set 'Song End' bar).
I have tried this on both single chorus and the more usual 3-chorus types of songs, new & old - no difference. Are you telling me this doesn't happen on the PC version?! shocked
Posted By: MarioD Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/26/15 11:20 PM
Have you tried to unfold the song into one large chorus. If you can try it, make your tempo changes and determine if they stick.
===

It doesn't make any difference if it's just one chorus, the ending section is always after that chorus has ended (i.e. after the set 'Song End' bar).
I have tried this on both single chorus and the more usual 3-chorus types of songs, new & old - no difference. Are you telling me this doesn't happen on the PC version?! shocked

I don't know. As I said I do most all of my work in my DAW and not in BiaB.

It was just a suggestion that, unaware by me, you had already investigated.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Multiple Tempo Changes - 01/27/15 10:35 AM
It was just a suggestion that, unaware by me, you had already investigated.
And as such not a bad one either, Fair enuff cool
Maybe this topic will catch the eye of some well informed staff member who can shine a light on this for us... one can always hope wink
© PG Music Forums