PG Music Home
Posted By: funkycornwall Fill Variation - 04/05/15 07:25 AM
I think it would be great if you had the option to place a range of different types of fills via Real Drums wherever you required them in a song. This could maybe be a micro-fill, mini-fill, medium-fill, big-fill and also add options for degree of crash cymbal hit or maybe no crash hit.

This would add an extra degree of flexibility over the current implementation of fills.

Maybe it would need to have a whole new category of real tracks devoted to small, medium, large fills made up which any BIAB song could plug into whenever you specified them. You maybe could also add in fills suitable for endings too.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Fill Variation - 04/05/15 09:48 AM
While waiting for this option, have you tried EZDrummer 2? It may make the wait go faster.
Posted By: funkycornwall Re: Fill Variation - 04/05/15 11:10 AM
I have EZDrummer 2 and Addictive Drums 2 and they are both great options. However making a quick but convincing drum track via BIAB is still a great feature and anything we can do to further improve the flexibility would be brilliant I think.

Often it is only the drum track and maybe a guitar track that I use from a BIAB song. I normally add my own bass line via Trilian and then add my own guitars and keyboard tracks. I also often add a bit of cymbals from a VST drum program especially for endings.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Fill Variation - 04/05/15 11:13 AM
Originally Posted By: funkycornwall
...making a quick but convincing drum track via BIAB is still a great feature and anything we can do to further improve the flexibility would be brilliant I think.

+1
Posted By: DEddy Re: Fill Variation - 04/05/15 05:40 PM
Funkycornwall:
"I have EZDrummer 2 and Addictive Drums 2"

Do you prefer one over the other? OR.. if you had just enough money to buy one, which?

I just saw a few vids on EZDrummer 2 and it's impressive.

Thanks
DE
Posted By: DEddy Re: Fill Variation - 04/05/15 06:15 PM
+1, +1
Posted By: funkycornwall Re: Fill Variation - 04/05/15 07:36 PM
Hi DE

It is a tricky question that. I think EZDrummer 2 is the easiest to use and has a very clever method for adding midi and changing the feel in a song timeline. You can build up a complete drum song track very simply. Addictive has more variation possibilities but doesnt have the song timeline structure which is so clever in EZDrummer. Best to watch a few videos for each product I think for you to gauge which is the best for you.

BIAB drums are great too of course!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Fill Variation - 04/05/15 10:38 PM
Originally Posted By: funkycornwall
Hi DE

It is a tricky question that. I think EZDrummer 2 is the easiest to use and has a very clever method for adding midi and changing the feel in a song timeline. You can build up a complete drum song track very simply. Addictive has more variation possibilities but doesnt have the song timeline structure which is so clever in EZDrummer. Best to watch a few videos for each product I think for you to gauge which is the best for you.

BIAB drums are great too of course!

One can get the song timeline structure with any MIDI drum sound source or any MIDI sound source by using Toontrack's EZPlayer Pro:
http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezplayer-pro/

You may want to check it out.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Fill Variation - 04/06/15 06:44 AM
PG could do that to the existing RD's, tho it would take a bit of work.
Here's a way:
RealDrums Intros, Solos & 4 Bar Endings Tutorial

RealDrums Solos

EZDrummer 2 will work great when they fix BB/RB to send Tempo & song position pointer to VST's.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Fill Variation - 04/06/15 11:52 AM
+1
Posted By: funkycornwall Re: Fill Variation - 04/06/15 01:40 PM
Thanks Solid for that expert viewpoint. However I would hope for an easier solution. I think if people have to jump through too many hoops then they'll tend to give up.

Guess we're naturally a bit lazy by nature (or I am anyway!)
Posted By: solidrock Re: Fill Variation - 04/06/15 09:45 PM
Well some time when I'm not that busy I will sit down and make them up then upload them.
Posted By: DEddy Re: Fill Variation - 04/06/15 09:46 PM
MarioD, thanks for the link. Checking it out, like the price too.

DE
Posted By: Icelander Re: Fill Variation - 04/19/15 10:23 PM
+1
© PG Music Forums