PG Music Home
Not doing any great deal of harm, but for me anyways a bit of an eyesore at biab startup that split second yellow screen on chord area, obviously a throw back to the old GUI.

Wish they would program it out.

Thanks
Musiclover
Hmmm

I don't get any split second yellow screen, is that a 'hint screen' you mention?

Does it have any text?

How big is it? Does it cover the entire chord display area before the chords show? If so, then that is just part of the software initialization processes.

If it looks more like a smaller hint, then these are my hint settings, if that helps:

Attached picture 2015-05-20_21-40-35.jpg
Not seeing things, now are ya, musiclover?? grin
If it's a warning and you have BIAB version 2015, you can view the content of these messages after they clear themselves from the screen.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
If it's a warning and you have BIAB version 2015, you can view the content of these messages after they clear themselves from the screen.

Matt's right (no surprise there), they are available from here (newest to oldest order):

Attached picture 2015-05-20_22-21-12.jpg
Thanks Trevor; I'm not at a computer and didn't want to guess wrong about the steps to see that.

Anyway, since this is the Wishlist, my suggestion would be to see what the yellow message said and deal with it, rather than eliminate it. Music lover, I don't see that yellow box on startup either. If you are correct and this is just some graphics anomaly from the earlier GUI, then it might help to know how fast your computer is.
Thanks for replies Guys, as I say it's no big deal and chord area goes to the default white after the yellow display for a split second, to prove that I'm not seeing ghosts captured it with print screen.

I know Trevor says it is just part of the software initialization processes. I wouldn't have thought so though as old GUI was this colour and for some reason I feel it isn't programmed out completely.

Probably nit picking here but would still like to get rid of it.

I have a quad core amd cpu with 4 gb ram computer five years old last February.

Musiclover

Attached picture yellow screen.jpg
Just guessing, but have you altered the default color scheme?
Thanks Matt but no I haven't.

At biab startup it just shows that yellow chord area screen for probably less than a second before reverting to the correct default white chord area.

As I say not a big deal at all but often wondered whether its a throwback to the old GUI or maybe happens to others too but its only me that noticed it.

Musiclover
For whatever reason this occurs, on my desktop I see it also (it is just a flicker), but never paid any attention to it.

I try to cover that in a video and post it.
I managed to cover a video. Watch for that flicker at about 8 seconds into that vid.

Since I cannot upload the video file itself, here is a link to my Dropbox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37640589/BIAB_Start_2015-05-22_1528.swf
Originally Posted By: GHinCH
For whatever reason this occurs, on my desktop I see it also (it is just a flicker), but never paid any attention to it.

Same here!
Ah, OK, the video makes this all clear.

All I see on my system is a blip; there's not enough time to see a color change. But it is there.

It's probably fast on my system because I run BIAB from an SSD.
Personally I don't like messages that disappear whilst I reach for my coffee. I would like to see an ability to see/ pin messages, and have this as a settable option in a reworked preferences dialogue.
Also remove the option from the help menu. De clutter. If each message was pinnable/ able to become invisible, the user could decide.
Matt,

I tested it once more on a newly booted computer and the change of screen images is obvious. Once BIAB has been started before, the change of the input mask image is reduced to just a flicker.

I'm sure, an SSD helps a lot to obscure such behavior grin since loading time is greatly reduced and the processors do not have to wait that long.

I will have an SSD soon, probably two...
ZeroZero, you will see earlier in this thread how to re-read any messages that went by. But I think we have established this is not that.
Ok Matt, acccepted. Just a wish list item from me, does not really help with the issue at hand.

Z
Oh, never mind, I think I get it. You want an option for the message to freeze until you do something to clear it? That's a good idea. I think you should put that in its own thread, and I'll give it a +1.
© PG Music Forums