PG Music Home
Posted By: KeithW MusicXML - 06/18/15 10:14 PM
Please add MusicXML import/export to BIAB. Heck, it's 2015 and all other major music software supports it.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MusicXML - 06/18/15 11:18 PM
Welcome to the forum.

We've had lots of good discussion on this subject, but perhaps not in the last year or more. I think the most important function to add first would be exporting Music XML from BIAB. The program is actually quite close to being able to do it now, with the melody exported for Sincy (the vocal synth introduced last year).

And you are correct, many music software applications support Music XML, but unfortunately not all implement it correctly. It's not as simple to do as it may appear.

Still, this is a very needed feature. +1
Posted By: jford Re: MusicXML - 06/19/15 08:32 AM
Since PGMusic has an established relationship with MakeMusic (they offer Finale, PrintMusic, and Garritan libraries in the PGMusic 3rd party store), and given that MusicXML is managed and developed by MakeMusic (after MakeMusic purchased Recordare), you would think that it wouldn't be that difficult to get BIAB (and RealBand) properly XML'd.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: MusicXML - 06/19/15 09:22 AM
Again, another + 1

This is a really important feature for many users, and I would hope PGM would direct some reasonable focus in this area for the next release. It's arguable that it's overdue, and would certainly be appreciated by many, many users.

And welcome to the neighborhood Keith!

Trev

Posted By: DrDan Re: MusicXML - 06/19/15 11:12 AM
Boy or boy, you guys are persistent.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MusicXML - 06/19/15 02:55 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Boy or boy, you guys are persistent.

Not the original poster (OP). He thought it important enough to make this his first post.

The rest of us I assume just think a friendly reminder of its importance can't hurt now and then.
Posted By: Dave Re: MusicXML - 06/22/15 02:49 PM
Whatever they do, they must include chords and lyrics, do that we can get a third party program to give us a better print function
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MusicXML - 06/22/15 03:53 PM
Dave - yep!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: MusicXML - 06/22/15 06:58 PM
Yes, the full complement of functionality is what's required. A hamburger with the lot, so to speak. Otherwise, what's the point if MusicXML doesn't add some of the functionality that is needed?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MusicXML - 06/22/15 08:06 PM
You're right, Trevor. Of course, what Dave and I (and others) need now is an export Music XML function in BIAB, so we can work in a dedicated notation program. I have to believe that would be much easier to implement since it's already partially in the program (melody track to Sincy)!

Getting BIAB to read Music XML files, and deciding what to do with them when it does, seems to me a much more difficult task.

Where I live, we call it a hamburger with the works.

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: MusicXML - 06/23/15 09:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

Where I live, we call it a hamburger with the works.

Yummm. And as long is it doesn't come from under the golden arches or similar ( sick sick sick ), it's got a chance of tasting great!
Posted By: DrDan Re: MusicXML - 06/28/15 10:44 AM
OK, I am back on the band wagon again for MusicXML after seeing this:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=301142&#Post301142

Sometimes you just have to believe! crazy
© PG Music Forums