PG Music Home
Posted By: Danny C. Copy and paste lyrics into BIAB - 06/26/15 12:33 AM
There has to be an easier way to enter note based lyrics. Or even one line at a time scrolling lyrics.

Thanks,

Danny C.
Posted By: jford Re: Copy and paste lyrics into BIAB - 06/26/15 11:05 AM
The closest you can do is to enter line based lyrics (so you can input more than one syllable at a time), and then convert from line based to note based. But the user manual states that this is imprecise and will involve additional editing.

I generally just enter my melody and lyrics in Noteworthy Composer (NWC - a notation program), export to MIDI, and then import that MIDI and set BIAB to import the melody along with the lyrics. NWC allows for much easier entering of lyrics. That way, everything lines up properly and I don't have to type them a syllable at a time and then move to the next note to type the next syllable.

But I don't think there is a quicker, easier way to do this directly in BIAB.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Copy and paste lyrics into BIAB - 07/04/15 01:48 AM
John,

Just too many steps in this day and age, there has to be an easier way. Besides I have about 2000 songs that need lyrics added and am too old to do it the old fashion way, LOL.

The memo pad has been my crutch since day one but just thinking someone is smart enough to get the scroll working without having to go the note based route, I hope.

Later,
Posted By: jford Re: Copy and paste lyrics into BIAB - 07/04/15 10:54 PM
I agree, Danny. Lyrics are a pain in most music software.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Copy and paste lyrics into BIAB - 07/25/15 06:34 PM
+1
© PG Music Forums