PG Music Home
It would be a great improvement if MIDI note colors could match the actual note velocity.

This would allow fast identification of exactly which notes had lower velocities on the piano roll, and the correct note could be adjusted quickly. This would be useful for both Biab and RB. Yes?

Description: Color shading quickly identifies note velocities for individual notes.
Attached picture 2015-08-03_18-19-50.jpg
Great Idea !
Could also have Mode View Select like Cubase, color for Scale/Chord = Blue/Green etc..

and maybe you can have scale-chord-arpeggio, also snap to scale/chord (in the 2020 version)

Originally Posted By: solidrock
Great Idea !

... and maybe you can have scale-chord-arpeggio, also snap to scale/chord (in the 2020 version)

So soon? wink Only joking!
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
It would be a great improvement if MIDI note colors could match the actual note velocity.

This would allow fast identification of exactly which notes had lower velocities on the piano roll, and the correct note could be adjusted quickly. This would be useful for both Biab and RB. Yes?

Not if you are color blind or partially color blind like myself and approximately 10% of the male population.
Sorry to hear of your particular situation Mario, but maybe the other 90% could get some benefit?

I understand that a high percentage of males have a red/green deficiency. But this is something a little different I think. This is different shades of the same color. It could even be shades of grey.

Incidentally, could you see a difference in the shades between the lighter colored and darker colored bars, or are they all exactly the same?

Best

Trev
In picture 1 I can see a difference but in pictures 2 + 3 no.

If you use colors AND kept the velocity lines below the track then I would say OK.
You're not alone, Mario. My son has red/green confusion, so I comment during beta testing when I see something using colors that may be problematic.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
In picture 1 I can see a difference but in pictures 2 + 3 no.

If you use colors AND kept the velocity lines below the track then I would say OK.

OK, I'm only discussing the option discussed in Picture 1, the other pictures were from a different poster and are not directly related to the topic.
Absolutely with you on that first suggestion, +1
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Absolutely with you on that first suggestion, +1

Thanks for the endorsement
Yes, the first suggestion would be excellent. +1
© PG Music Forums