PG Music Home

For years we have been putting up with illegibility and leaping screens that don't work.

For example:

When I use repeats the numbers of the repeat section are about the size of an ant on my 49 inch monitors. I just can't see them. There is no way to spot them in the main window.

Loops disappear if you click outside them , though they a still there and working

Notation screen crack up into blocks (this has been the case for years)

The cursor for the notation screen is far too small and inconspicuous. The red boxes that appear in the notation window are so thin and weedy you can't actually see them from any distance

I cant find any way to increase the size of bar numbers.

The lines between the bars are too thin
I've been using BIAB for 20 years (that long?) and have had none of the problems that you have. I've always used a laptop and have no trouble seeing anything on the BIAB screen. Maybe your problems are other than BIAB. Ray
Posted By: Noel96 BIAB - 02/06/16 09:33 AM
Zero,

What is it about your setup that causes so many issues? I've been using BIAB for 10 years and have not experienced the problems that seem to come your way.

Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB - 02/09/16 11:42 AM
Zero,

I hope all is well.

I suspect though I could well be wrong that part of your problem is due to the large 49 inch monitors, If I remember correctly from previous posts you use tv monitors, which probably are not able to display things like a dedicated computer monitor can for you.

Though you may not think so and it seemed like a good idea at the time, you are simply overwhelmed by them.

I have poor eyesight myself and use a 22 inch monitor up close but then even then I display it more like a 4:3 (vertical black space at right and left side) as I don't have to turn my head much to see whats on screen.

Sometimes with poor or failing eyesight a big monitor is not always the answer.

I remember last year I bought a 39 inch tv for bedroom but as stated above felt overwhelmed by it, so got a smaller 28 inch tv which seems fine.

Maybe its an idea to use a smaller 22 inch computer monitor again when you are working in biab.

Musiclover
Posted By: Dave Re: BIAB - 03/03/16 05:45 PM
Yep - had similar problems.
I bought a 40inch TV but when I came to use it as a monitor it behave as a 640x800 screen. I went back to my 17" laptop
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB - 03/04/16 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Yep - had similar problems.
I bought a 40inch TV but when I came to use it as a monitor it behave as a 640x800 screen. I went back to my 17" laptop

Good to hear Dave that it worked out ok for you in the end.
Thanks for the feedback.

Musiclover
Posted By: earl kirby Re: BIAB - 03/04/16 06:01 PM
I also am sight impaired. Would be real nice if PG would fix program for those of us who have problems seeing.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB - 03/04/16 08:51 PM
Originally Posted By: earl kirby
I also am sight impaired. Would be real nice if PG would fix program for those of us who have problems seeing.

Earl, I think that's possible. Please see this thread
Posted By: Icelander Re: BIAB - 03/07/16 02:43 PM
I just loved the sig of the OP at the end of that post grin
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB - 03/09/16 10:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Icelander
I just loved the sig of the OP at the end of that post grin

Yes it would have been nice, if the OP had replied to let us know if he somehow conquered or overcame all the problems he seemed to be having with biab.

Musiclover
© PG Music Forums