PG Music Home
It would be helpful to prospective customers and some forum users to have the current user manuals for Band-in-a-Box for Windows, Band-in-a-Box for Mac, RealBand and PowerTracks available online for download or to have HTML versions of the help files available for online viewing.
+1
Yes. +1

One of the first things I do when contemplating a substantial purchase is read the online manual.

FYI The manual usually takes a few weeks before it's downloaded in a patch after a major (annual) release. This is understandable. Also, I believe you can then buy a printed, bound copy through sales.
+1 for the download version.
+1
Great idea, and allows omissions / errata to be readily updated and available.
Thanks
A must have.
+1
+1
+1 (stands for I agree, I guess ?)
And now that you have to register BIAB with a serial number, it wouldn't be a matter of providing the user manual for those who might be trying to pirate the software (often the reason given for not providing the manual online).

+1
Good point, John.
Originally Posted By: jford
And now that you have to register BIAB with a serial number, it wouldn't be a matter of providing the user manual for those who might be trying to pirate the software (often the reason given for not providing the manual online).

+1

Especially if you need that serial number to DL the manual, +1 again.
I don't know about that, Mario. I think an online manual is a great marketing tool. Now that piracy is addressed, does it hurt in any way to distribute the manual freely?
Another user pointed out ++ HERE ++ that PG Music formerly shipped a "little blue booklet" with each annual release of Band-in-a-Box. The "little blue booklet" detailed new features. The booklet has become a pdf file.

Perhaps the new feature booklet is another candidate that could be available for public download.

Even though PG Music lists new features for both Band-in-a-Box and RealBand online I can understand how many users and potential customers would benefit by having access to a book available for download that can be viewed and studied offline.
+1
+1

That would be great.
I just assumed they already had this! shocked

+1
+1 it would be helpful to provide a direct to the manual page for answers to questions but if download we could at leas provide a page #
+1 for the download version. Great idea! Good marketing and a real time saver for users.

Jeff
Guess What's now available for download ...

PG Music has placed the New Features Guide, Upgrade manual and the User manual for both Windows and Mac online in the Support section.

+++ CHECK IT OUT! +++

Another wishlist request answered in the affirmative!
Yeah!
Excellent. Thanks for the notice.
I remember people asking for manuals for download, as all DAW and music programs have available for pre purchase info, so I uploaded them but it was deleted from my post lol ! There is change it's just that it's so sloooooow.
I am just sooo happy!
Excellent news
© PG Music Forums