PG Music Home
When BNB first came out there was quite a bit of classical stuff. There has been nothing new since the 80's for classical musicians. On top of that, they have thrown all the classical styles in with "Country"? I know not many people prefer classical music, but it is not country. And on the real styles, because it has people playing "fiddles" does not make it Classical Music so you really should not present it as such. I have just bought the Komplete 11 at a $1000 and I am sure the PGmusic could probably do better given the improvements in both sampling and midi. The ball is in your court guys.
+1
Proper Classical Music Styles would be really welcomed.
Originally Posted By: robbey10
I know not many people prefer classical music, but it is not country.

The best laugh I've had all day.
+1
Another +1
String Quartet RealTracks ... this is what you get from a chord progession only...

http://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/audio/realtracksdemos/2334solo.m4a

String Quartet, Rhythm PopChamber Ev 085 (#2334)Band DemoSolo Demo
Found in: RealTracks Set 206: Pop String Quartet UltraPlusPAK EverythingPAK Band-in-a-Box Audiophile Edition RealPAK Rock-Pop: 11 2015 PlusPAK

More at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=110&os=win&sortby=name
That's a good point. I've used that string quartet for a straight classical arrangement.
Yes, I am familiar with these sir. But they don't have the edge of any of the jazz or country stuff. And the real track string quartet is a country string band not classical.
You know Mr. Gannon, there are great orchestras in East Europe that are very economical. You could record a whole cinematic and classical real track series that would blow the competition out of the water given the facility of BNB. I love BNB but I buy other things to finish what I start in BNB, I would love to finish it all with BNB and I would be willing to pay more.
When you mentioned "Classical", I thought like something "Andre Rieu" or "Manhattan School of Music" or other Symphony Orchestra would deliver.

I certainly didn't think of just violins, or violins providing a Country music backing. I thought what was meant was more like a Small Ensemble

Maybe I got it wrong.

Something more classical would be a great addition.

))) You know Mr. Gannon, there are great orchestras in East Europe that are very economical

I thought that too, and then got a quote from one of them, and it was high. Do you have any link to one of these "economical" orchestras?
Peter, what size orchestra is needed? Three years ago I was a guest artist at a regional symphony orchestra of the best players in the Hudson Valley of New York that numbers 55 but can be supplemented or reduced. Since they performed four of my songs that were composed and arranged in BIAB, the director and board already know something about it. If you send me your specs, I'll be able to expedite a quote and would be delighted to help.
Guys,

I am completely confused by this post and thread.

All of the Real Tracks in BIAB--Jazz, Country, Rock, whatever-- are based upon riffing styles and comping styles, which are background accompaniments to whatever you might want to play.

Unlike other styles, which can get by with riffing and comping, Classical Music is a note by note thing--every measure and staff in a piece of classical music contains different unique notes that add up a whole.

You can generate such notes with a program like Garritan, but Real Tracks do not focus on individual programmed notes, they focus on riffs and phrases. So how could they be used for "classical" unless you created a completely different product line? I mean, I see backing strings and such for pop, but classical is a completely different animal.

Are we suggesting PG Music create a classical sound library like Garritan or Komplete--only better? I am lost on this one. Sorry.
Try the Orchestra in Poznan Poland. They might not be too expensive, and it would help their notoriety which is a selling point for them to do it. I would offer them some small royalty from the sales about 0.5% after your recouping your cost and a minimum up front. Better yet, go to the Musical Academy and do it with their students, all of them have spent six years in their music high schools and have to have a professional level to even attend the Academy. If you sent an agent, you could probably collect an orchestra by simply advertising work for the students. They are always desperate for money and the value of the dollar both Canadian and US is rising.
I think BB could start by collecting motifs.
Building a data base of motifs would be
right up its alley, collectors and organizers
that they are. smile
And thus, of course, adding a specific "Classic" category is absolutely needed.
That String Quartet mentioned and suggested as fitting, is currently categorised as "Pop", case in point. Classic is certainly not Pop!
Peter, hier some local music students from the unoiversity, for these projecrts. Have them build their resumes by claming that they got to work with PG Music making classical tracks. Sure PG Music may not be a very well known name in the music industry, but being able to work on tracks is a dream come true.
© PG Music Forums