PG Music Home
Posted By: SmoothJohn Soundtrack Real Styles - 10/20/16 12:12 PM
I am a magician.

One of the things I use BIAB for is to create backing tracks for my show. The old MIDI styles contain a nice, but limited, set of "soundtrack" styles. These are very useful for me.

I would love to see more "soundtrack" styles added to the list, especially if they utilize realtracks.

I don't need particular styles--in fact, I prefer to browse blindly and let my imagination take over.
Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music Re: Soundtrack Real Styles - 10/20/16 03:36 PM
Thank you for your suggestion SmoothJohn! Noted smile
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Soundtrack Real Styles - 10/20/16 04:28 PM
Originally Posted By: SmoothJohn
I am a magician.

One of the things I use BIAB for is to create backing tracks for my show.

What a neat way to utilize Band-in-a-Box. I find that very interesting.
Posted By: SmoothJohn Re: Soundtrack Real Styles - 10/20/16 10:05 PM
Thank you Alyssa and Jim!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Soundtrack Real Styles - 10/22/16 10:29 PM
Good idea
+1
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Soundtrack Real Styles - 10/23/16 11:00 AM
If you are not already doing so, BNB has a create Soundtrack feature that will give you the ability to make unlimited Soundtracks.

From the main screen top menu - Open Melody and from the window that opens, select Soundtrack located near the bottom.

Any of the Soundtrack midi styles can be modified to RealTracks simply by replacing the miditracks with any RealTrack or Supermidi instruments you choose.

Any BNB sgu file can be used to generate a Soundtrack file so your choice of styles to use for Soundtracks is unlimited.

You can open any midi song into BNB and it will interpret and import the chords, key and tempo into the BNB chord chart. The sgu file can be used to create a Soundtrack backing track.

Mute or erase the midi melody, change keys,tempo if needed and generate. This will create a unique song 'in the style' of the opened midi file but you will have removed all of the copyright information leaving backing tracks suitable for a Soundtrack. You can have BNB create a unique and original melody if needed.

The same can be accomplished with wav and mp3/wma files using the Audio Chord Wizard.

The Soundtrack feature is very useful and quite a bit of fun.

Charlie

Posted By: SmoothJohn Re: Soundtrack Real Styles - 10/23/16 11:28 PM
Thank you Charlie. I noticed it today, and you've piqued my interest in exploring further.

John
© PG Music Forums