PG Music Home
Posted By: larrymagee Please make Melodist Tracks in RealTracks - 12/07/16 08:48 PM
Hi - Just playing with 2017. I love the beginner sax, etc. I make songs with melodies and have to edit the soloist tracks down to simplify them.

You have a wonderful storehouse of already-created melodist tracks that would be awesome as Realtracks. You wouldn't even need to get big names to record them. College music students would be just fine.
The main 'problem' with this idea is possibly due to a misconception of what the Melodist is? See, nothing in there is pre-made, so "recording" something that has yet to even be assembled...?
I guess the Artist Performances and Instrument Studies collections are your best bet for what it looks like you're proposing.
Hi Icelander - good idea. thanks. The reason I thought of the melodist tracks is that when you look in the Realtracks folder and play some of the Wav files, they are all just short little excerpts that are then pieced together by BIAB and RB. I thought that the melodist tracks must be similar. If they are, the short phrases could be printed and played by a real person and recorded making simple, melodic RealTracks that could be used just as a soloist RealTrack is used.

But I'll leave the 'how-to'to PGMusic. the main thing is that there is a need for simple melodic tracks like the new beginner sax RealTrack in 2017.
Originally Posted By: larrymagee
...there is a need for simple melodic tracks like the new beginner sax RealTrack in 2017.
This gets my +1 cool
© PG Music Forums