PG Music Home
Suggestions for future BiaB:

(1) OCTAVE-SHIFT: Have an Octave-Shift for ALL Tracks; I know that many tracks would not benefit from Octave-Shifting, but at least in the MIDI-Tracks, this could be accomplished with minimal coding. Sonar allows you to bump any track up or down any interval (as well as time-shifting by any index). I know this would increase the RealTrack recording file size beyond any reasonable proportion. Many times I have wanted to bump the strings track up an octave.

(2) CADENCE: Cadences would allow the user to implement a unison, time-synced succession of chords within a bar that could go beyond just the eighth-note resolution and flip chords back and forth. The Drums could also sync. Again this would be for the MIDI-Tracks. I know that at higher tempos this would produce garbage.

(3) NO-CHORD-UNISON: The feature of allowing all or some of the instruments just to unison on a single musical phrase, without any chordal background.

(4) OSTINATO: Ostinato feature would allow any pitch (high or low) to be consistently repeated unchanged, in rhythm, throughout any chordal background. This happens in many kinds of music. Again probably only for the MIDI-Tracks.
Good suggestions. Couple of reactions FYI:

If I understand #1 correctly, BIAB can already adjust a MIDI track up or down in octaves. Go to Preferences, Channels, and change the number in the 2nd column.

For #3, there is already a built-in chord shortcut of NC (no chord) but it is not implemented. All it would take is to make NC = C. This is a longtime Wishlist item.

For #4, the MIDI bass can do this via pedal bass.

[I do not know if the Mac version has these features.]
(#1) As a reply, the Preferences>>Channels>>Octave is GLOBAL. At least as far as I know. What I was hoping for is a Song-Specific octave (or any other interval) change. Am I misunderstanding BiaB?

(#3) I am interested in your reply to #3, but I do not understand it.

(#4) Yes, I know about "Bass Pedals", but it would be nice to be able to do that in any pitch range. Sometimes strings "soar" with an ostinato, sometime guitar pickers hold a single note through a succession of chords, keyboard players also do this, but often with more than one note of the beginning chord held throughout. It adds interest in inner voicings. This is a feature that I would not even begin to know if it is coding-practical.

Thanks for the reply.
© PG Music Forums