PG Music Home
Posted By: J. Larry Real styles only - 05/18/17 11:24 PM
At the risk of sounding off center, I’m wondering out loud that with future BIAB upgrades, might it be possible to load only real track styles into the style picker? Or, is that possible now and I don’t know it----or, how to do it? I upgrade to the max yearly, including all of the available style packages and load everything on my internal drive. However, I rarely use midi styles and the picker is getting so long and large, would a more viable option be possible? When a new upgrade comes out, could there not be an option upon install that says, “Load only real styles”, or something like that? And, yes, I realize that some styles are a hybrid of both midi and real tracks. Or, maybe two style pickers----one for midi styles only and the other for real tracks. Just trying to keep things manageable.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Real styles only - 05/19/17 12:57 AM
In the Style Picker you can filter by Real Tracks only.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real styles only - 05/19/17 04:32 AM
... to add to Ray's comment, here's an image that shows how to select only Realtracks when in Stylepicker

Attached picture real no midi styles.JPG
Posted By: jford Re: Real styles only - 05/19/17 11:39 AM
Quote:
...and the picker is getting so long and large

Even with an all RealTracks (which you can do now by using filters), the picker will continue to get long, especially as they continue add 100-200 RTs (and some number of styles based on those RTs) every year now.
Posted By: J. Larry Re: Real styles only - 05/27/17 09:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestion about filtering the style picker for real tracks only. Didn’t know about that. It works nicely. I wish I were more exploratory with BIAB. I’ve got my little routine for making backing tracks and that’s it. I don’t click around the program much for fear of messing things up and not being able to get it back in place.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real styles only - 05/27/17 09:53 PM
Do this and you'll be able to click freely anywhere you want to go!

Under "Options" on the upper menu, there's a choice called "Save preferences as...".

If you save your preferences and then if some of your experimenting causes some kind of mishap, getting you preferences back is as simple as going to "Options" and reloading the saved preferences.
© PG Music Forums