PG Music Home
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Add WARNINGS ! - 05/23/17 04:12 AM
I have lost many nice songs due to lack of a warning message when we will try out something that will overwrite what we have. Last was this morning when I had a nice song ready and just wanted to add a solo, and I forgot to clear away the style of that solo I choose. In the melodist, the unticked "allow style change" stays unticked if it has been unticked, whatever melodist we chose, but not so in the soloist. The edit/undo does not undoing this unintended change of style, only the adding of solo.

Another warning we need is when the style we will try have instrument that will be putt in the melody or solo tracks... Lost two good melodies a while back because of no warning of this!
I never encounted this in 2016, so I suppose it was some of the 2017 new styles. I think it was a bad idea to have styles adding instrument to the melody or solo track anyway...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Add WARNINGS ! - 05/23/17 05:46 AM
Trygve,

One thing I learnt a long time ago with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, BIAB, etc., is that when I achieve something, I ALWAYS save it and then save a new version of my file. That way, I have the version I liked and if anything happens when I continue on with the new version, I can always get back to where I was by reloading the previous file.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Add WARNINGS ! - 05/23/17 06:56 AM
Yeah, I know... It is just that I forgot that I forgot that I forgot, too many times.. wink
© PG Music Forums