PG Music Home
If you need to mix the tracks to 5.1/7.1 for DVD a higher sample rate bit depth would be good.
Most commercial loops/samples sets come in 24/48.
44.1/16 is good to post in the user showcase and live on stage but if you are using BB in a studio that's what most of them need.

The MacBB had no problem reading/processing the 24/48 RT/RD I made (unlike WinBB).
Most studios use a Mac so that would lift the usability of Biab up to a pro level, not to mention the inevitable 64bit MacBB, increasing the sales.

Even if you start recording them at a higher sample rate bit depth now (if you haven't already) you will have it for a future release.

Using a common uncompressed/compressed audio format for both Mac/Win RT/RD might be a good transition.
If Win could use the same folder structure as Mac, it would be a lot cleaner, rather than 5 million files in the root.

For a 24/48 Mac/Win Audiophile drive whats the difference in price for a 1T, 2T and 3T USB drive ? not much.

It would be great to see a whole new era of PGMusic, producing 24/48 studio quality tracks not only for the hobbyist, student, musician but for studios also, not to mention the new 12-key RT's, lifting the game up to a Cross-platform 64bit MacBB/WinBB version with the same features and both released in December (so Mac users can enjoy a festive season also laugh ).

The best time to do all this is 10 years ago, the next best time is now.

Thanks,
pipeline (pipedream ? frown )
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
...If Win could use the same folder structure as Mac, it would be a lot cleaner, rather than 5 million files in the root.

+5 million

...The best time to do all this is 10 years ago, the next best time is now.

And another +1
It would be great to see a whole new era of PGMusic, producing 24/48 studio quality tracks not only for the hobbyist, student, musician but for studios also, not to mention the new 12-key RT's, lifting the game up to a Cross-platform 64bit MacBB/WinBB version with the same features and both released in December (so Mac users can enjoy a festive season also laugh ).

The best time to do all this is 10 years ago, the next best time is now.

Thanks,
pipeline (pipedream ? frown )

A BIG +1
+1.

I made a similar request a few years ago.

24 bits provides more dynamic range as compared to 16 bits. 24 bit files have more headroom available while mixing so beginners have more sonic space to create better sounding mixes.

Apple seems to be leading the way when it comes to future-proofing audio files by starting their +++ Mastered For iTunes +++ program in 2013. This is from the Mastered for iTunes pdf file:
Quote:
An ideal master will have 24-bit 96kHz resolution. These files contain more detail from
which our encoders can create more accurate encodes. However, any resolution above
16-bit 44.1kHz, including sample rates of 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz, will benefit
from our encoding process.

I assume this is true of the encoders used by Spotify, SoundCloud, BandCamp, ReverbNation and all other online music vendors.
A 5 millions + wink
Absolutely, a big +1
As someone who has an audio production degree, in my mixing classes, I never used anything over 24bit 44.1k, and do not believe the people who tell you that you need to use 96k to get the best results. Also, I assume that most people on forum export their songs onto Soundcloud, are going to be compressed to down to 128k which is the most unacceptable audio file rate. I can't say about other streaming website such as reverb nation, but I having the Real Tracks at 24bit would be delightful. I do want to point out that many people have mentioned on the forum that they prefer to go the MIDI route and combine it with some Real Tracks when the don't want to write out some of the parts.
Actually, I did use 48k for my post production class, so 48k is a good idea.
The 48k arose from a video standard and is also useful if you release music on DVD.

+1 of course.
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
Actually, I did use 48k for my post production class, so 48k is a good idea.

Yes, I knew 48K is an industry standard. All of the backing tracks in the videos our company produces is 48K.
https://www.toontrack.com/product/superior-drummer-3/
https://www.toontrack.com/product/superior-drummer-3-ssd-disk/

The new Superior Drummer 3 has 230GB of 24bit samples that can be purchased on an optional Library on a 256GB SSD for US$199 and US$399 for Superior Drummer 3, or US$199 upgrade or US$299 for EZDrummer 2 crossgrade.
That's US$598.

So Biab Audiophile is great value @ US$669 or US$199 upgrade (within first 30 days).
But with 24bit it would be even greater !
+1
5 years down the track... PG still lagging behind.
This is the most common everyday thing, you buy drums and they are 48/24 bit, it should be a bleeding obvious no brainer move to have an Audiophile drive with high quality audio:

Attached picture Drums-24-48.png
Thanks for the suggestions.
© PG Music Forums