PG Music Home
Posted By: ovation99 Chords input via Midi - 10/04/17 05:03 PM
I would love to be able to input chords from a midi controller keyboard IN REALTIME whist the style is playing.
I know I can do this on a bar by bar basis, but not while the style is playing, a bit like an arranger keyboard.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Chords input via Midi - 10/04/17 06:18 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been requested many times.
+1
Posted By: jford Re: Chords input via Midi - 10/05/17 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been requested since I started using BIAB back in 1999.

I could see this maybe working with a MIDI style, but I don't believe RealTracks would respond quickly enough to the real time input.

I do like the idea of the feature as another way to enter your chord grid...perhaps a metronome and just a piano chord sound to get the chords in. Set a high tempo, kick off the metronome, and enter all your chords in about a minute. I suspect for many, that would be much faster than typing them in.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Chords input via Midi - 10/05/17 09:16 PM
Would I could ever do it as John suggests but for those who can, that would be a great time-saver. As to the original request, that does go WAY back. Since it’s not the function BIAB was designed to do, I guess it hasn’t received attention.

I would like to praise one related feature that, as a composer and arranger, helps me the most: Windows menu, MIDI Chord Detection. It’s not real-time but it’s a fabulous tool for identifying, selecting and entering chords. It gives chord alternatives, which I imagine a ‘play and enter’ mode couldn’t do.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Chords input via Midi - 10/05/17 11:12 PM
+1.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Chords input via Midi - 10/06/17 11:45 PM
+1
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Chords input via Midi - 11/07/19 01:08 AM
Originally Posted By: ovation99
I would love to be able to input chords from a midi controller keyboard IN REALTIME whist the style is playing.
I know I can do this on a bar by bar basis, but not while the style is playing, a bit like an arranger keyboard.

You can try Biab Live Chord Input Playing it still needs a few things doing to it but it should basically work.
© PG Music Forums