PG Music Home
Posted By: CoolBreeze Auto suggest starting progressions in CSD - 12/10/17 04:57 PM
I'm just saying you know it's bad when the program won't even touch it. Instead of offering no substitutions, that might be the first clue to offer the user some suggestions in a certain style or genre?
CSD?
That's my question also. CSD, whatever is that?
Posted By: jford Re: Auto suggest starting progressions in CSD - 12/11/17 06:52 PM
Google search just brings up this thread. CSD?
The list of acronyms for 'CSD' is massive. I couldn't figure out any that relate to music, though.
Chord Substitution Dialog. You know it's bad when I even forgot what it meant ... and I thought some of you beta tested BIAB.

Some of us aren't as gifted as some of you when it comes to writing music. I just think that if the program can't find any good substitutions, then why not go one step further and offer better progressions it can substitute from?

I'm sure you've heard this the umpteenth time, but just trying to think outside the box. :-)
Originally Posted By: CoolBreeze
Chord Substitution Dialog. You know it's bad when I even forgot what it meant ... and I thought some of you beta tested BIAB.

Yes, but Beta Testers are different to TLA interpreters. crazy
OK.

I do not recall anyone ever requesting an improvement to this.

It’s true that those of us who don’t need it are the ones who might notice shortcomings but of course aren’t going to. I do remember testing this feature many years ago when it was first developed and I thought it worked rather well. Can you give us an example of how you think it should be changed?
Posted By: jford Re: Auto suggest starting progressions in CSD - 12/12/17 11:36 AM
Okay, I'll be the dense one.

TLA?
Three Letter Acronyms?
Three Letter Abbreviation?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Auto suggest starting progressions in CSD - 12/12/17 11:51 AM
Originally Posted By: jford
Okay, I'll be the dense one.

TLA?
Three Letter Acronyms?
Three Letter Abbreviation?

Let me help you John. It means Tour Los Angeles whistle grin

PS - I don't get it either but you probably already realize that!
Not probably without embarrassing myself.

The feature is probably not intended to be that in-depth.
Instead of offering 0 results for something it obviously deems unworthy of its time, how about offering something standard it would/could pick from.

Either it's not doing its job, or it's telling me I've got to be the worst, in either case I want a refund! /s
Yes, Three Letter Acronyms (or Abbreviations).

It was my way of demonstrating why acronyms can be so frustrating, when it's usually not that hard to just type the words.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Yes, Three Letter Acronyms (or Abbreviations).

It was my way of demonstrating why acronyms can be so frustrating, when it's usually not that hard to just type the words.

I have always suffered over the irony that TLA is not an acronym. But changing it to "abbreviation" alleviates my pain somewhat!
OK. Now that we have the acronyms out of the way, I think there is a real problem here.

I just tried Chord Substitution in BIAB 2018, build 505, several ways. All it did was to change the first chord. It isn't working correctly.

I'm going to report this to the developers.
I thought something funny was going on with it. Thanks Matt for checking it out!
© PG Music Forums