PG Music Home
Posted By: David Tee Magnet - 12/15/17 10:33 PM
OSX's windows features are poor at the best of times, so I use an app called Magnet which gives me the flexibility to line up windows side by side etc. To date, Magnet has worked with all my Mac programs with the exception of anything from Adobe and unfortunately it doesn't work with BIAB either. I presume that most software engineers never stopped for one second to consider whether their program would work with Magnet so there must be something about adopting standard settings for a program that makes Magnet work.

Magnet has featured in the Top 5 paid for apps on the mac app store for well over a year (and for all I know much longer than that). So, there's a lot of people out there with it and it clearly works with a lot of programs. It would be brilliant if BIAB for Mac could join that list.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Magnet - 12/16/17 02:13 PM
Originally Posted By: David Tee
...there must be something about adopting standard settings for a program that makes Magnet work.
I have a (reasonably educated) hunch that you nailed it right there. Unfortunately, adhering to any sort of Mac "standards" is not something BBox is exactly known for, if you get my drift. I'm afraid this program has always had the look & feel of the 'DOS port' that it still is. Heck, they haven't even got the proper window dialogues appearances/behaviour one would expect from that standpoint, let alone something 'fancy' like QuickLook...and how long has that one been a system feature in Mac eh smirk
But hey, don't let my pessimistic "worn & torn" tone get the better of you, who can tell what they decide to pick up from one release to the next.
So maybe I should try end on a more positive note and say welcome to the forum - and I'll even throw you my +1 for your idea, despite that I've no clue what it's actually all about! grin
© PG Music Forums