PG Music Home
Currently it is often obvious - for bass parts like acoustic walking bass real tracks - where a particular bass motif has been "cut-and-pasted" together by the BIAB algorithms in a dumb non musical manner.

This happens when instead of the bass-line following a linear path it suddenly jumps up to the nearest root.

This happens in a kind of patchwork quilt fashion and doesnt correspond to what a real jazz double-bassist would do. it is the one thing that stands out as very non-authentic.
Yes, absolutely, +1
Have you tried disabling the transposition of realtracks (you find this option in song settings, it's a song option, not a global option).
I find that most of the times this helps with the realism of how realtracks are rendered. Of course you miss a bit of variation, but I usually find that disabling transpose helps quite a bit. I almost never use transpose. I'm not sure this helps with walking bass tracks though. You can try.
I use walking bass a lot with swing tunes----so anything that improves that style, I’m in favor of. I’ve made this point before-----often with a walking bass line, when you get to the end of a chorus in the key of F (or any other key), the bass doesn’t play the F, which my ear wants to hear. It plays an interval note in the chord, but not the root note, which is very noticeable. And, I check everything to play the “simple” version, of whatever it is. Also, with the bass line on up-jazz tunes, the walking bass will go really high in the upper register, which doesn’t sound right, when you want it to stay low. Regenerating the part helps some times.
+1
for an advise or a solution to avoid wide and high interval jumps in walking bass playing and third interval at first beat.
© PG Music Forums