PG Music Home
Have bein working with karaoke lately I have discover/experienced all the limitation here as a bit frustrating.

1.The Big Lyric Window for instance should have a.) video export possibility. b)Video, MILKdrop and other visualizations formats support, like G-Force for instance... Active Text movement etc.

2. We can import .kar files, but noe export as .kar files. There is a lyric window for CDG, but we cannot export as CDG. MP3+G So please include those formats in the export or save as option...

3. Add support for Fraps screen recording in all windows, like Big lyric, Piano and Guitar.

4. Make edit lyric A LOT more easy...

5. Add export lyric in various formats, like LRC etc.

6. Add score for singers. Since there is already vocal tune adjuster, this should be easy to calculate and implement.

7. Only about 10% is interested in making music. But 90% love to SING karaoke. At least here in the Philippines. Take that into consideration. wink
The Problem with trying get BIAB to do Karaoke is that you can adjust the RTs to the inversion you want, and you can't have BIAB do the riffs of famous tracks. I have this problem when trying to make backing tracks
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
The Problem with trying get BIAB to do Karaoke is that you can adjust the RTs to the inversion you want, and you can't have BIAB do the riffs of famous tracks. I have this problem when trying to make backing tracks
Yeah, that is a limitation, but does not take away the need for the other points imo...;)
Hi Trygve,

These are great ideas, but I'd like to point out that you can already save KAR files. smile

If you click on the .MID button on the toolbar, one of the MIDI File Type options is Karaoke File (.KAR). The option is mixed in with the other MIDI file options, as a KAR file is just a MIDI file that contains lyrics.

I hope this helps!

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Not only that but you need an option to save chords to markers or lyrics.
Yes that lyric entry is slow and painful, look how easy you can add them in Karakan:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=372872

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=458552

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=431852#Post431897

Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Trygve,

These are great ideas, but I'd like to point out that you can already save KAR files. smile

If you click on the .MID button on the toolbar, one of the MIDI File Type options is Karaoke File (.KAR). The option is mixed in with the other MIDI file options, as a KAR file is just a MIDI file that contains lyrics.

I hope this helps!

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Thank's a lot for the thumbs up Kent. Yes, I have overlooked the save as Karaoke option, so thank's for pointing that out. Now, that was the last "needed" options, as most karaoke program read Midi with text also. The greatest would be if we did not need any other software to produce great karaoke videos at all, but could export videos, included great karaoke video/Image background and a more vivid lyric display, preferable with an option to display chords above the lyric, a.s.o., but I guess that is to much to wish for...;)
Thank's again Pipeline for all ur great help and great workaround for "karaoke producers"...
I think they added bar base lyrics for easier entry but now they don't show in the Big Lyric window, so you can't have chords and lyrics or save them to video as you say, so they need to add an automatic note based lyric syncer like Karakan, how easy would that be.
I have had to make many karaoke videos for artist that sell a karaoke version of their songs as well as their cd.
save spacial, midi
choose .kar
Yes, .kar saving is already there.
Yes its possible to save as a KAR file, but it cannot be played in any program or app that I know of, which renders it useless
This is in the free KaraFun Player 1 & 2 I just saved a vocal Artist Performance demo to kar
Biab is using notation lyrics:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture BB24-KAR-Lyrics.png
Attached picture BB24-KAR-Lyrics2.png
Posted By: shlind Re: Please improve BiaB's karaoke ability... - 02/20/24 03:43 PM
In order to sing Karaoke just over an audio file I think SongMaster Pro works very well.
It is very easy to use.
Easy to import the lyrics from text file as well as to enter the lyrics directly.
It is very easy to align up the text to the exact point in the time line.
There is a Karaoke full screen available.
(as well a as options to sing karaoke against the original song tracks, just split out the stems and mute the vocal)

Render out a BIAB song to audio and take it further from there in SongMaster Pro might be an option.
© PG Music Forums