PG Music Home
The feature works fine for MIDI tracks, for MIDI SuperTracks, for Realdrums, but don't work for RealTracks.
So, the feature has nearly no interest with songs having some RealTracks.
Furthermore, there is no restriction in the BIAB manual : it may work with any kind of tracks.

So, it would be nice to make the feature work with RealTracks.
Just checking: Soloist RealTracks, or all RealTracks. I would expect the soloist tracks to play through.
Confirmed, "Insert breaks in arrangement" (Options > Preferences > Arrange) doesn't work with soloist / chording realtracks.

It seems like one of those old, MIDI only features that never were updated to work with realtracks, after 2008.

Maybe it's really time for a thorough overhaul of the program.

Anyway, +1.
Originally Posted By: Cerio
It seems like one of those old, MIDI only features that never were updated to work with realtracks, after 2008.

Maybe it's really time for a thorough overhaul of the program.

Anyway, +1.

You're right Cerio.

I only hope it will be added soon in a future build, because it can't be considered as a new feature for the 2019 BIAB release for example.

+1 Anyway
Another vote of support. Seems that this feature has been missed along the way for the RealTracks.
+1
+1. It would expect it to work with all content for the sake of consistency.
I agree Jim.
There are too many features that are downgraded/not updated/not fixed over the years (in BIAB, in RT's, in RD', in the manual,...).
+ 1 More breaks all the way around, break variatios, easier to implement.
I'm always trying to learn more about the program here, so I'm gonna butt in here with a noob question. I looked up "insert breaks" in the help section, and it seems to be referring to what can be otherwise accomplished through the F+5/bar settings dialogue--but it obviously isn't--so what am I missing here?

TIA!
As far I can remember, the 'Insert Breaks in arrangement' feature was present in BIAB before the implementation of the RealDrums and RealTracks.

You may try to 'Insert Breaks in arrangement' using the F5 key. It should work but you have to do it manually for each beginning bars and ending bars of all your breaks in your song.
Bump (Still not working in BIAB 2019)
Interesting topic +1 (actually+5)

I will also add request for more "in style" elements to use for intros, bridges, outros and endings.

One solution that in theory can work is using "markers" (green, blue, etc)... but in any cells of the bar, not only at the start, and be able to choose your break (or roll or element) that continues from that section of the bar to the... great future.
Be patient !
Maybe for the 2020 release wink
© PG Music Forums