PG Music Home
Posted By: Icelander Add an "adjust Level" to each track menu - 03/21/18 08:45 PM
Way, way back when BBox was born, volume and velocity had pretty much the same effect on what you head from the then less than stellar midi sound sources - not so today. Today, for instance, I have this nice bass sound source (sfz) that sounds brilliantly mellow & nuanced if its velocity doesn't reach above 75, but at that velocity sounds just too weak in BBox in terms of loudness even at peek 127 volume level.
And that basically brings on this request, namely to expand the existing "Adjust level" menu item (for velocity, not volume!) to be available not just for Melody & Soloist tracks, but to all of them. Furthermore, this should be for each individually, global is pretty much already there (and doesn't suffice).

p.s. I faintly remember having made this one before, some years ago confused
This item has already been requested many times.
See my post dated aug 03, 2013 :

Adjust Velocity on every MIDI track

At that time, many users agreed on the need of this feature, but nothing is come during the last four years. So, we all gave up...

As I understand, we no longer get new MIDI features about the MIDI core (MIDI tracks, velocity, controllers, MIDI harmonies, Melody embellishers,...). It is a pity beacuse many users still use MIDI tracks as a complement to the RealTracks.

+1 of course.
Sure, I figured I was hardly saying anything new here, but that link reference really clinches the point.

And it does seem you are right about the no-mo-midi improvements, which I think is not only a shame but also quite a strange misstep by PGM, especially now after the easy integration with quality sound sources have (in my meaning) the potential to breathe a whole new life into those midi styles of old. Many of them were never bad, they just sounded bad smirk
Posted By: MarioD Re: Add an "adjust Level" to each track menu - 03/22/18 01:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Sure, I figured I was hardly saying anything new here, but that link reference really clinches the point.

And it does seem you are right about the no-mo-midi improvements, which I think is not only a shame but also quite a strange misstep by PGM, especially now after the easy integration with quality sound sources have (in my meaning) the potential to breathe a whole new life into those midi styles of old. Many of them were never bad, they just sounded bad smirk

I agree 100%. I think that I have proven a number of times that the old MIDI styles can sound great with a non-GM and newer sound source.

I believe that this suggestion is a must have when PGM is forced to go 64 bit.

A BIG +1
Better and more flexible ways to effectively manage MIDI data would be absolutely worthwhile.

+1
Posted By: MartinB Re: Add an "adjust Level" to each track menu - 03/26/18 05:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Today, for instance, I have this nice bass sound source (sfz) that sounds brilliantly mellow & nuanced if its velocity doesn't reach above 75, but at that velocity sounds just too weak in BBox in terms of loudness even at peek 127 volume level.

For such a sound (sfz) it might help you out to adjust the velocity of the bass track via the StyleMaker option "Pattern/VELOCITY adjust by this much (ALL PATTERNS)".
Originally Posted By: MartinB
...it might help you out to adjust the velocity of the bass track via the StyleMaker option
That's an angle I never considered, nice tip there.
+1
Posted By: MikeK Re: Add an "adjust Level" to each track menu - 03/28/18 01:14 PM
+1
© PG Music Forums